cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Jen Atkin for Ouai!

07222016_JenAtkin_Thread-Asset-Handoff.jpg

This thread is closed. Thank you for your participation!

Ouai founder and celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin is the star of our next BeautyTalk live chat! Love her answer above? Expect even more next-level hair advice on Friday, July 22 between noon and 1pm PDT. Then, you can ask her anything—from what will be the next big hair trend to how she fights frizz, even on humid Hollywood nights.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Jen Atkin for Ouai!

Which Ouai shampoo and conditioner do you use?

I love to mix it up! I use Volume Shampoo at the root and Repair Shampoo on the ends. I also use Treatment Masque every time as a conditioner because my hair gets really dry.

Hi Jen!  Welcome to BT, excited to have you here!  I have curly hair that can get very *cough* voluminous in the summer but tends to be very flat at the crown/roots.  Do you have any suggestions on how to get some lift at the roots without disturbing my natural curl?

Yes wash your root with VOLUME shampoo and ends with REPAIR shampoo. will help 

Hi Jen, hello from South Africa! always find my hair looks so oily on day 2, besides dry shampoos what else can I do in order not to wash my hair every day? 

make sure to wash your ROOT with our CLEAN shampoo and wash your ends with REPAIR shampoo. swear it will work. and stay tuned i have something coming out in Fall for you 🙂

Thanks, I'll buy your products on my next visit to the US 🙂

Hi! I am obsessed with your products and got my mom and sisters hooked on them too....the texturizing hair spray and soft mousse are my favorites plus they smell amazing.....I recently purchased your soft hold hair spray, what is the difference between that and the texturizing and can I use them together or should I always use only one?

Our Texturizing Hair Spray is like dry shampoo and hair spray had a baby - it provides added texture and lift! Our Soft Hair Spray is perfect for locking hair styles in place all day! 

What hair trend would you love to see make a comeback?

90s updos!

What Shampoo and Conditioner is best for dandruff? 

Treatment Mask will help moisturize your scalp!

Hey Jen! First, Ouai Smooth shampoo and conditioner seriously changed my life, especially in this heat so thank you so much! Second, what is your go-to style for super long hair this summer? Thanks!

top knot for sure! super versatile. You can make it messy or sleek!

Hi Jen! Long time snapchat follower here. Your Italy trip looked like a blast. 

I recently cut off 8 inches of my hair, and am now sporting the "lob". I can't seem to master a technique for an effortless curl. A 1 inch curling iron was too big, and the 3/4 inch is great, but it makes the curl look a bit too uniformed. I usually keep the ends straight like you always recommend, but I can't seem to get a technique down. What should be my GO-TO iron and GO-TO products to master this ever so popular look? Here is a pic of me for reference 🙂

xvmeA0mr.jpg

Hey Molly! Your hair looks great!  Love the length!  Personally, if I were to do your hair I would use a 1" GHD iron taking small sections about 1" big and wrap the hair around the barrel away from the face.  After you complete the whole head, use the GHD Flat Iron to lightly go over random sections throughout the head so that each one isn't so uniform.  (Flat ironing ends straight as well).  Use the OUAI Soft hairspray before curling to help hold the curl as well!  Good luck! xx

Your hair looks great!!!!

Hi Jen!  I have long thick curly/wavy color treated hair. The summer is the worst because it's either humid and I end up with poofy hair (straight or curly) or hair slung up in a ponytail or bun.  Any tips on your go to way to tame crazy summer hair?

Yes use my OUAI treatment mask i swear it makes your hair so soft and also our oil is amaz. it won't weigh your hair down but is great for frizz

Hi Jen!! I like to sleep with my damp hair in a bun to have waves for the next morning. Is there a Ouai product I can use to keep it from getting too unruly the next morning or a trick you recommend to keep it looking undone but not too messy?

Thanks!!!

Carrie

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 07222016_JenAtkin_Thread-Asset-Handoff.jpg
  • xvmeA0mr.jpg
  • f269oxvq551845c6e0cb1835238822.jpg
testing