cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Jen Atkin for Ouai!

07222016_JenAtkin_Thread-Asset-Handoff.jpg

This thread is closed. Thank you for your participation!

Ouai founder and celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin is the star of our next BeautyTalk live chat! Love her answer above? Expect even more next-level hair advice on Friday, July 22 between noon and 1pm PDT. Then, you can ask her anything—from what will be the next big hair trend to how she fights frizz, even on humid Hollywood nights.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Jen Atkin for Ouai!

Hi!  Yes spray OUAI wavespray on your damp hair the night before and braid your hair into 1-3 braids depending on how much hair you have.  Add a blowdryer to the braids in the morning before you take it out to help set the wave.  When you take it out, if anything is too tight, lightly run a flatiron over it to loosen the wave.  Always flat iron the ends too for a cool, undone look as well.  

Thanks for chatting with us!

I have lots of hair that I get thinned out, it's mid length and naturally wavy... What can I do to obtain volume on top and the beach wave look? Something that wouldn't take too much time. Thank you!

Something like this:

f269oxvq551845c6e0cb1835238822.jpg

Hey girl!  I love using the OUAI mousse at the roots and the OUAI wave spray on the ends.  Apply a good amount of both.  If your hair is naturally wavy, diffuse hair to enhance it.  Otherwise, after it is dry, use your Ghd Curling Iron to create a wave by wrapping hair around the iron away from your face while holding the iron vertically.  

Thank you so much! Will try that! 🙂

You're so awesome Jen! 

I have your wave spray but it doesn't seem to work as well on my hair. My hair tends to be freezy & it's out of control what should I do ? 

Hi!  No YOU'RE awesome!  A lot of people tend to not spray enough wave spray.  Make sure you use a good amount that covers all of your hair.  To fight frizz, blow-dry your hair with a Sephora Collection round brush to help smooth your strands.  When dry, apply the Finishing Creme to help smooth hair and add shine.

Also, using our OUAI treatment masque once every week or two and leaving it on for 15 minutes after shampooing with the OUAI Smooth Shampoo will help with Frizz!

Thank you so much! I'll be making a Sephora trip this afternoon! 😊 

Hi Jen! What's a good hair product to use for someone that's running late and wants to have some texture/style in their hair? I have thin straight hair. I'm in the market for a product that feels like you didn't put anything in your hair. 

Our Wave Spray is perfect for quick waves on the go! You can also add our Texturizing Hair Spray for added texture and volume. 

Hi Jen,

I have never used anything on my hair before, nor have I ever blow dryed my hair. I want to start styling my hair but I really don't know where to start! I don't even know how to use dry shampoo 😳. So l guess my question is, with a girl wanting to start styling her hair what products shoul I use, and how exactly do I wear dry shampoo? Thanks so much! Xx

Hey there! You should definitely check out the hair tutorials on theOUAI.com for styling and product videos! You should definitely check out the Wave Spray, you can spray it into your hair after the shower and get a bit of a wave without using an iron! check it out in the Sephora Hot Now box at sephora! 

Hi Jen, I love haircare! We got your Wave Spray in our PLAY boxes this month and excited to try. 

Are you planning to sell a sample/travel kit at Sephora so that we can try the rest of your line???

Holiday kit?? ;')

Can't wait for you to get OUAI addicted. Stay tuned for travel sizes - coming to Sephora vv soon! 

hahaha! Happy to hear this, Jen.

I am sooo ready for new hair stuff. 

Anonymous Insider

Hi Jen!!!!

First off you are my biggest inspiration, I idolize you! I hope to be big in the beauty industry one day because of my passion for it. You inspire me to work hard everyday for that goal.

So my hairs a little longer than you, I really want to get that Kardashian pony down. But for some reason I can't get my hair to blend as well as you do with theirs. Can you post a tutorial of how to?! Or give some tips, my hair is just so much thicker than the extensions so it's noticeable. And the more tracks I add the harder it is to find places for hide the tracks.. haha if that makes sense! And for the braids, how do you hide the track so perfectly! I was thinking of just buying some hair that doesn't have tracks and braid it into the braids, any recommendations on where to buy some? 

Haley Elliott

Hey Haley! Since you have that thickness you're going to have to add a lot of hair starting in the nape adding them in at the root then pull the hair into a pony tail and secure with a band. you can also try just using your hair length and adding shorter pieces to make the pony tail layered and have volume! 

What's the best way to ensure waves last in fine, poker straight hair?

Prep hair with our Wave Spray then use our Soft Hair Spray to lock hair in place all day! Add our Dry Shampoo to the roots to add volume to your straight hair.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the reply, Jen! I love your work! 

Jen!! I absolutely love your new haircare line. Question: what products would you recommend to tame the frizz during the summer season?? 

If you know you’re going to be spending a lot of time outside, prep your roots with Dry Shampoo. It will not only prevent your hair from looking greasy or sweaty but it will continue to absorb throughout the day while providing UV protection. You can also use the Soft Hair Spray into a paddle brush and then brush throughout the hair to tame frizz and flyaways + it provides major anti-humidity protection!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 07222016_JenAtkin_Thread-Asset-Handoff.jpg
  • xvmeA0mr.jpg
  • f269oxvq551845c6e0cb1835238822.jpg
testing