cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Jen Atkin for Ouai!

07222016_JenAtkin_Thread-Asset-Handoff.jpg

This thread is closed. Thank you for your participation!

Ouai founder and celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin is the star of our next BeautyTalk live chat! Love her answer above? Expect even more next-level hair advice on Friday, July 22 between noon and 1pm PDT. Then, you can ask her anything—from what will be the next big hair trend to how she fights frizz, even on humid Hollywood nights.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Jen Atkin for Ouai!

Hi Jen, hello from South Africa! always find my hair looks so oily on day 2, besides dry shampoos what else can I do in order not to wash my hair every day? 

Hey! I would actually spray a bit of dry shampoo the day of washing that way it won't lay on your scalp so much. As for the second day Dry Shampoo and Texturizer will help. Try to wear it more tousled and wavy the second day and you can get away with more dry shampoo.. The longer you get your hair used to your wash routine the longer you'll be able to go.

Hi Jen!

I have mostly straight, fine hair with a little natural wave. If I'd like to wear it slightly wavy, can you recommend a product. Thanks! 🙂

Our Wave Spray would be perfect for natural lived in waves! Spray on damp hair and diffuse OR apply on dry hair and scrunch with your fingers to activation the natural texture in your hair.

Look out for a travel size in the Sephora Play Box RN!

Anonymous Insider

Hi Jen!

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions!  I'm curious about what hair styles and colors will be popular in the next few months?  Thanks so much! 

Heyy!  I always love a fringe in the fall!  It's a great way to change up your look for the new season without having to drastically take length off.  A nice side swept or a blunt straight across fringe are both super chic depending on your style and hair type!  

LET’S DO THIS! I am OUAI excited to answer all your questions!

xX Jen

Hi Jen! I have very very curly hair, and I can never seem to get it pin straight, no matter how hot the iron is. My hair is very thick and it starts puffing quickly. Even when it is "straight" it still doesn't have that pin-straight effect. What should I do? Also, how can I fight frizz, especially in Florida humidity? 

Since your hair is so thick and curly you need to take VERY small sections every time you straighten it. It will take a while but it will help. The smaller the section the more control you will have. Before you straighten it though, spray the Soft Hair stray throughout the hair and then brush through, this will help hold it. to fight the humidity use the Finishing Cream to tame flyaways and sleek down the hair! Good luck!

Hi Jen! You are my favorite person to follow on Snapchat! You are so stylish, your hair breakdowns are the best, and you are always really funny! I am a college student looking to change up my long brown, medium-thick hair. What hair cut should I go for in August? What hair cuts are going to be trending this fall?

Oh good! the hair break downs are majorly due to my assistants @hairby_carlymarie and @hollerifyouhairme ill tell them to keep it up! 

Now as for your hair, in August I would take it up a bit! Just below the collar bone are so chic! 

Anonymous Insider

What are the best Ouai products to use for people who dye their hair crazy colors like blue?

Hi babe - Sleep in our Hair Oil the night before you color your hair and maintain with our Repair Shampoo & Conditioner!

Anonymous Insider

Sweet! I live for the hair oil!!! I always get compliments on how amazing my hair smells lol You are so awesome!!!

Hi Jen,

I live in Texas. How to maintain hair in this dry, and hot weather, my hair getting damaged, and when straighten my hair, it is back to normal in few hours, how I can make it last long in this summer. Thank u

oh you have to get the treatment mask! It will moisturize it and sleep in hair oil on your ends! the Finishing cream is also great during the day to smooth it!

Thank u

Hi Jen! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and answer some questions.

I find my hair a little tricky to work with, as it's thick and I have lots of hair, but the individual strands are very fine. My hair is naturally wavy/curly and I have a very low-maintenance routine. 

Any tips on the best hair products for my hair type and how to encourage volume without frizz?

Yes, I would recommend you using the OUAI Volume shampoo with the Smooth Conditioner on your ends (not roots).  This will help avoid oil on the root which can cause flat, limp hair.  After conditioning, spray our OUAI Wave spray throughout and either air-dry or use a diffuser to enhance your natural wave.  Apply our OUAI Finishing Creme after it is dry to add shine and to help define your wave.

Anonymous Insider

my hair has become dry and frizzy now I used to had soft silky hair. I don't know why is my hair falling so much. It falls out more when I wash my hair. I am only 19. 

You can use the OUAI treatment mask which helps with Dry, Frizzy hair.  I recommend shampooing your hair and applying the masque for 15-20 minutes and then rinse.  It will leave your hair feeling soft and silky.  

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 07222016_JenAtkin_Thread-Asset-Handoff.jpg
  • xvmeA0mr.jpg
  • f269oxvq551845c6e0cb1835238822.jpg
testing