Live Chat with Gilbert Soliz for Marc Jacobs Beauty

[ Edited ]

Gilbert BT Image.jpg

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation! 

Now’s your chance to speak to Marc Jacobs’s right-hand man when it comes to beauty! Gilbert Soliz, the Global Makeup Artist for Marc Jacobs Beauty, is making an appearance on BeautyTalk to answer all your pressing questions. Visit this thread on January 22 from 12 to 1 pm PST to participate in our live Q&A. Ask him anything—from how to get soft, fluffy lashes using the new Velvet Noir mascara to choosing your most flattering lip shade.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Gilbert Soliz for Marc Jacobs Beauty

It was a pleasure chatting with all you beauty queens! 

I look forward to future chats and discussions. 

From everyone here at Marc Jacobs Beauty we want to wish you all a Happy New Year! 

Best, 

Gilbert 

Hi Gilbert,

I'm just wondering if Marc Jacobs Beauty has seen some of the complaints about your remarcable foundation line, specifically about the utter lack of shades designed for women of color? Does the brand intend to extend their shade range? If not, can you explain why?

(0) Hearts

It's been since last year that my self standing sephora hasn't stocked nuptials on the highliners. I had an issue with in the buff and I couldn't return it but basically it just crumbled up from the getgo. For someone that can't return an item but i still love the color, what do you suggest I do with the highliner??

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Blackwhiskey, 

So sad to hear. Smiley Sad

Just know that the return of Highliner Gel Crayon is happening now. All stores should be fully stocked in all shades. 

I'd suggest trying to mix a makeup medium with a chunk of your highliner . Mix the two with a brush and apply to lash line or even eye lid as an eyeshadow. 

Probably the best way to save Buff. 

Hope that helps, 

X,G. 

http://www.sephora.com/highliner-gel-crayon-P379434?

(0) Hearts

Thank you, Gilbert! 

(0) Hearts

Hi Gilbert! I was wondering if you could tell me how to do my eyebrows perfectly with makeup.

And I also wanted to know how can I do my makeup in a more natural waySmiley Happy thaaanks a loot!!! Totally look up to you btw! Role model! Smiley Happy) lots of kisses xx

Claudia

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi claaus, 

Have you tried Brow Wow? It comes in 5 shades and it's a retractable brow pencil that's waterproof. 

Try sketching it onto your brows with soft strokes for a beautiful finish. 

X,G. 

http://www.sephora.com/brow-wow-defining-longwear-pencil-P394260?

(0) Hearts

Hi Gilbert!

Is MJ Beauty going to create more brushes? I love the ones I have! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I like ur question, I love MJ brushes too

(0) Hearts

Hi Melde, 

We sure are! Working on them now as we speak. Smiley Happy

Any favorites or anything you'd like to see? 

X,G. 

(0) Hearts

Cabaret is one of my favorite lipsticks ever. Any chances it will make a return?

[ Edited ]

Hi notcreative, 

Not in the works as of now but you never know. 

Have you explored Le Marc Lip Creme or New Nudes? 

MJB is also launching 5 new shades this summer. 

X,G. 

http://www.sephora.com/le-marc-lip-creme-P392352?

http://www.sephora.com/new-nudes-sheer-lip-gel-P392351?

(0) Hearts

Hi Gilbert,

can you suggest a Marc Jacobs product that would stop my eye makeup from smudging to way below my eyes?

many thanks!

[ Edited ]

Hi gerrydmcg! I'd recommend the Highliner Gel Eye Crayon, it's a waterproof gel eye crayon and it won't smudge below your eyes! X, G

http://www.sephora.com/highliner-gel-crayon-P379434?

(0) Hearts

Hi Gilbert, so wonderful to have you here in BT! Is Marc Jacobs planning to come out with an eye/shadow primer?

[ Edited ]

Hi bea0t, 

We sure are! 

I believe it's slated for 2017. 

Trying to get it pushed to Fall 2016. 

Hold tight. It's commmmmmmiiinnnnggggg! 

And you're going to love it. Smiley Happy

X,G. 

(0) Hearts

Great! Thank you!!!

I love make up but I almost gave up on mascaras because literally any mascara, I use, causes much irritations to my eyes. I even thought that mascaras were not for me, that I just couldn't use them at all.

But I gave one more chance to one more mascara, the last time, I thought, and maybe...that would be the winner.

And to my very pleasant surprise, I finally found the one and only! It's Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara! I am so, so glad! It didn't cause me any irritations and was so soft on my eye lashes. And what a volume! With words I cannot describe that! Stunning, wonderful, magnificent!!!
I don't know what secret that amazing mascara has, but it is the ONE, I had been looking for about 15 years! My searches are over! Finally!
I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Marc Jacobs and his team for creating such a wonderful mascara. Velvet Noir Major Volume is my dream which came true!

(0) Hearts

Yayyyyyyy!!! 

Miazet, Glad you love it as much as we at MJB do! 

X,G. 

(0) Hearts

My eye makeup always smudges way under the eyes - can you recommend a product in the Marc Jacobs range that could minimise this? 

Thanks so much!

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Gilbert BT Image.jpg
  • Photo on 5-18-14 at 5.31 PM.jpg