sephoraadmin2

Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

[ Edited ]

**This thread is now closed. Thank you for your participation!**

Betsey's message to her fans:

THANK YOU GUYS FOR CHATTIN WITH ME - BEAUTIFUL INSIDE IS BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE WITH THE HELP OF SEPHORA!!! I LOVE YOU ALL TOO....HAPPY TRAILS!

XOX BETSEY

From her whimsical designs to her energetic runway, Betsey Johnson is the reigning queen of playful fashion. Visit this thread on April 24 between 12-1 pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the legendary fashion designer-turned-beauty maven. It’s your chance to ask Betsey’s advice on anything—from her Sephora by OPI nail polish line to her tips on turning the perfect cartwheel.

Subscribe to this post to receive an email notification when Betsey answers one of your questions. To sign up, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Shop Betsey Johnson on Sephora.com> http://seph.me/IjZsKV

Betsey.jpg

Photo Credit: Shannon Sinclair

thebetseyj

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

(0) Hearts

TalkingWithTami wrote:

Hi Betsey, what shade of lipstick do you wear? Love you, finally got to meet you at NYFW afterparty! 

My very own shade of red - like perfume, lipstick changes on everyone and i couldnt find my blu eblood scarlett red so I had it made AND one of these days I am dreaming of doing the world of betsey cosmetics!

TalkingWithTami

(0) Hearts

Awh too Pinktastic Betsey!!! Thank you for responding! xoxo

rachel2011

(0) Hearts

Are there any upcoming collaborations that you can hint to us about??

BrittLuvRDS

(0) Hearts

Hi Betsey! I rarely wear makeup but this summer I want to jazz up my look by doing so more often. What is an easy tip to for something quick everyday with fun colors?

thebetseyj

BrittLuvRDS wrote:

Hi Betsey! I rarely wear makeup but this summer I want to jazz up my look by doing so more often. What is an easy tip to for something quick everyday with fun colors?

Obvious eyelashes are the first MUST! a heavy duty stash pf a variety of lipstick colors - orange, hot pink, red purple AND try kickin in neon - buck up little camper and BE FEARLESS~!

angelxmary

(0) Hearts

you're so happy all the time but everyone has bad days. what's your "bad day corrector"? 

thebetseyj

(0) Hearts

angelxmary wrote:

you're so happy all the time but everyone has bad days. what's your "bad day corrector"? 

Hanging with my gran kiddos always makes a bad day, a good day!!

Smarcles

(0) Hearts

What are your top style rules to live by?

thebetseyj

(0) Hearts

Smarcles wrote:

Be comfortable, dont care what people think, have courage, be yourself and learn from the criticism of others - find yourself through all the put downs

thebetseyj

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Smarcles wrote:

be comfy, mix it up, and dont be afraid to try something new - and don't forget the red lipstick!

goodnightluck

(0) Hearts

Betsey, I am such a huge fan. Going back to Betsey Bunky Nini days, what was your favourite thing about makeup in the 60s? Also, I would love to know what it was like to work with Edie Sedgwick, also an amazing beauty like yourself!

thebetseyj

(0) Hearts

goodnightluck wrote:

Betsey, I am such a huge fan. Going back to Betsey Bunky Nini days, what was your favourite thing about makeup in the 60s? Also, I would love to know what it was like to work with Edie Sedgwick, also an amazing beauty like yourself!

Makeup in the sixties was all about the extreme eye - i loved it and lived in it! And edie was one of the most beyoooooond women i have ever known and i was lucky to have her as my fitting model!

tanggyange

(0) Hearts
You are very inspiring with all your designs! I want to meet you ah ! You should a list of meet n greets:smileyvery-happy: will you ever make big hair flowers or something ! I would love those! And more animal rings! But if I am more pale in the face what colors would best represent me you think?
thebetseyj

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

tanggyange wrote:
You are very inspiring with all your designs! I want to meet you ah ! You should a list of meet n greets:smileyvery-happy: will you ever make big hair flowers or something ! I would love those! And more animal rings! But if I am more pale in the face what colors would best represent me you think?

Even pocahontas wore war paint! Paint yourself brightly to show off your beautiful pale skin! And as for hair flowers - I collect big vintage flowers....i love em! Maybe someday they'll turn into hair thingys for you and me!

lowrah

(0) Hearts

How do you personally get motivated? I lack motivation so bad, and I need inspiration.

thebetseyj

[ Edited ]

lowrah wrote:

How do you personally get motivated? I lack motivation so bad, and I need inspiration.

If you don't love it, then leave it - if you're not motivated, it probably means you dont love it! Find something that inspires you and the rest will follow.

Alliraoul

(0) Hearts

Betsey,

I've been a fiercly loyal BJ fan for over 12 years (my first BJ dress was the one I wore for my father's wedding when I was 8!), I wore one of your gorgeous Evening Heat dresses to my senior prom, and I carry my Betseyville bags with pride on a daily basis. I always love checking out the new jewelry you put out as its the easiest thing for me to buy on a college budget. Unfortunately, though I have purchased many earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and even sunglasses, they have all come to an untimely demise! All I ask of you is to have these items come with a quality guarantee, or an exchange policy online, because I've spent far too much money on BJ jewely only to have it break very easily within weeks of purchasing it. You have been my style idol for years, and it breaks my heart to have these beautiful pieces of jewelry break so easily!

xoxo,

Allison G 

ps- If there is any way to have replacements for the jewelry sent to me, please let me know! I've look high and low for replacements but the older ones are impossible to find. 

Becstasy

(0) Hearts

Hey Betsey! I'm from the United Kingdom and visiting New York in two weeks! Was just wondering whats New Yorks "Best Kept Secrets"? Would love to know the cool places to check out shops, bars, eating places ect...

Keep Rocking LOve Becky

xoxo

shortney910

(0) Hearts
Betsy, since sephora is opening in JC pennys do you plan on selling any of your line there?? I am a hair dresser at the jcp salon in Nashville and I would love to see your line at jcp!!!
thebetseyj

shortney910 wrote:
Betsy, since sephora is opening in JC pennys do you plan on selling any of your line there?? I am a hair dresser at the jcp salon in Nashville and I would love to see your line at jcp!!!

My nail colors with Sephora will def be at JC Pennys....as for my clothes, not sure doll! 

trishmtnz

(0) Hearts

Will you have a cosmetic line with Sephora any time soon?

I love all your designs!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 122 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • leannad
    • regularjoe
    • makeupkat101
    • lowrah
    • mlssak