sephoraadmin2

Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

[ Edited ]

**This thread is now closed. Thank you for your participation!**

Betsey's message to her fans:

THANK YOU GUYS FOR CHATTIN WITH ME - BEAUTIFUL INSIDE IS BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE WITH THE HELP OF SEPHORA!!! I LOVE YOU ALL TOO....HAPPY TRAILS!

XOX BETSEY

From her whimsical designs to her energetic runway, Betsey Johnson is the reigning queen of playful fashion. Visit this thread on April 24 between 12-1 pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the legendary fashion designer-turned-beauty maven. It’s your chance to ask Betsey’s advice on anything—from her Sephora by OPI nail polish line to her tips on turning the perfect cartwheel.

Subscribe to this post to receive an email notification when Betsey answers one of your questions. To sign up, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Shop Betsey Johnson on Sephora.com> http://seph.me/IjZsKV

Betsey.jpg

Photo Credit: Shannon Sinclair

thebetseyj

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

(0) Hearts

THANK YOU GUYS FOR CHATTIN WITH ME - BEAUTIFUL INSIDE IS BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE WITH THE HELP OF SEPHORA!!! I LOVE YOU ALL TOO....HAPPY TRAILS!

XOX BETSEY

rachel2011

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for answering our questions so sweetly :smileyhappy: I absolutely love your personality and designs!

scarriegirl

(0) Hearts

Betsey,

I have been a Betsey girl since I found you on Newbury Street in
Boston in the 80's. ($20 basket was my best friend!)  I'm wearing SOMETHING Betsey everyday....and now NAIL POLISH!! I often joke that I need to start a Betsey lovers support group :smileywink:

My question is about your hair extensions....I had surgery a few years back and my hair has never come back quite right.  I've been wearing wigs and hairpieces, but I love your unapologetic extensions.   Are they human or synthetic hair? and how are they attached....they look bonded??? 

Also, a huge Debbie Harry fan...have you ever designed for her? 

LOVE!!!!

Carrie

thebetseyj

(0) Hearts

scarriegirl wrote:

Betsey,

I have been a Betsey girl since I found you on Newbury Street in
Boston in the 80's. ($20 basket was my best friend!)  I'm wearing SOMETHING Betsey everyday....and now NAIL POLISH!! I often joke that I need to start a Betsey lovers support group :smileywink:

My question is about your hair extensions....I had surgery a few years back and my hair has never come back quite right.  I've been wearing wigs and hairpieces, but I love your unapologetic extensions.   Are they human or synthetic hair? and how are they attached....they look bonded??? 

Also, a huge Debbie Harry fan...have you ever designed for her? 

LOVE!!!!

Carrie

Ive been with Andrew my hair dresser from London for 18 years now doing my extentions...theyra monofilament plastic - will never frizz, will never curl - it takes 12 hours to take em out, dye my roots, blow dry my actual hair stright and tie them in - each little chuink of extensions is tied onto my own hair, wrapped around and heat sealed (as the plastic melts)...i love my hair to look fake!

Not specifically but I know Debbie shopped in my stores, bought and wore my stuff!

TalkingWithTami

(0) Hearts

Betey, do you think a lady is ever to old to wear tulle or a poofy skirt? I'm in my 40's but still love the style! lol

thebetseyj

TalkingWithTami wrote:

Betey, do you think a lady is ever to old to wear tulle or a poofy skirt? I'm in my 40's but still love the style! lol

NEVER NEVER NEVER - your only as old as you feel and its all about your spirit anyway!

typicalswell

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Betsey! What was your daily routine like when you were 25? What has impacted you the most in life?

Love you dearly!!!

Frommypinklips.blogspot.com

thebetseyj

(0) Hearts

typicalswell wrote:

Hi Betsey! What was your daily routine like when you were 25? What has impacted you the most in life?

Love you dearly!!!

Frommypinklips.blogspot.com

I can't remember lunch yesterday! Hah but really blood sweat and tears at my first job designing at Paraphernalia

typicalswell

(0) Hearts

You are too funny! Fabulous, thanks for taking the time to talk to all of us!

klb4122

(0) Hearts

Betsey, you are my FAVORITE design and have been since i was 13.  :smileyhappy:  I love that your designs are fun, innovative, and always put together.  My favorite collection you've done is the betsey tea party...my question is, have you ever considered re-releasing a collection?

thebetseyj

(0) Hearts

klb4122 wrote:

Betsey, you are my FAVORITE design and have been since i was 13.  :smileyhappy:  I love that your designs are fun, innovative, and always put together.  My favorite collection you've done is the betsey tea party...my question is, have you ever considered re-releasing a collection?

I do that all the time! I stick to what I love - I love most of all reviving my vintage which I do every once in a while

marissameow94

(0) Hearts

whats one your your favorite beauty products at sephora?:smileyhappy:

thebetseyj

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

marissameow94 wrote:

whats one your your favorite beauty products at sephora?:smileyhappy:

My #TOOTOO fragrance of course!!

It all starts with a smell and a smile :smileywink:

Shop It! http://seph.me/I7bx7p

marissameow94

(0) Hearts

thankyou so much for replying <3 btw love the new swimsuits !

angelxmary

not a question but just wanted to say thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions. you really are an inspiration. your work is so amazing & unique just like you. we are all so grateful that you are so close to your fans through chats like these & through twitter & tumblr & all other social media. the thing you said about confidence will stick with me for the rest of my life. if Betsy Johnson is sometimes unsure of herself then i'm not crazy for being a little shaky myself from time to time. & that's ok as long as i don't let it hold me back from my dreams!  

thanks again betsey, your a doll!!!  

<3 angel

x's&o's 

marissameow94

(0) Hearts

llove your lingerie! <3

LucyMoose

(0) Hearts

Hi Betsey

How do you maintain your energy??

LucyMoose x

thebetseyj

(0) Hearts

LucyMoose wrote:

Hi Betsey

How do you maintain your energy??

LucyMoose x

If your in this business you hafta dream it up when it aint there and underneath im a pretty positive person! Its only when I leave NYC that i realize how shot i am! :smileyhappy:

thebeautybomb

(0) Hearts

Betsey, what makeup styles do you suggest to match your wonderfully quirky clothing and acessories? 

-Teri

thebeautybomb.blogspot.com

thebetseyj

(0) Hearts

thebeautybomb wrote:

Betsey, what makeup styles do you suggest to match your wonderfully quirky clothing and acessories? 

-Teri

thebeautybomb.blogspot.com

Heavy duty broadway showgirl makeup! If you think your wearing too much, put on more ! haha!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 122 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • leannad
    • regularjoe
    • makeupkat101
    • lowrah
    • mlssak
    • neeharika