Live Beauty Q&A with a Sephora PRO Artist!

[ Edited ]

LEARNING_SOCIAL_GLOSSY_BeautyTalk_090915_HANDOFF.jpg

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation!

No one should have to glow it alone. Visit this thread September 23 from 12–1pm PDT to pick up a little glow-how—or become a makeup master—in our live Q&A with Sephora PRO artist Jeffrey English. Ask him a beauty question and learn about all the ways to #BEAUTYTOGETHER at Sephora.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions has been answered.

Re: Live Beauty Q&A with a Sephora PRO Artist!

Can't believe I missed it again Smiley Sad 

same here ugh 😔

fatima, I just said the same thing to myself!!

Hey Everyone! Thanks so much for all of your great questions! I had a BLAST, and hope I can help you all out again sometime soon! If you're in the Chicago area maybe I'll run into you sooner than later, and if not, check our tutorials on Sephora TV for amazing step by steps from me and my team mates! Besos, Ciao, Au Revoir!

(0) Hearts

Hi Jeffrey, What brushes should I be using to apply a very pigmented blush, and products for contouring? What is the best advice you have for a natural looking contour? Thanks

[ Edited ]

OMG Try the Sephora PRO + Hakuho-Do Ougi Brush! It is the PERFECT SIZE AND DENSITY for Mega Pigmented Blushes!

(0) Hearts

Hi Jeffrey!

What is the best brush for the fullest foundation application?  I use Kat von D tattoo foundation with Sephora pro airbrush #56.  Is there any foundation other than Estee Lauder Double Wear that is fuller coverage?

Thanks!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Flat Foundation brushes usually yield the fullest coverage because they have more surface area to expose to the skin!

Becca's total coverage cream foundation packs a powerful pigment load as well! Give that a try! You'll LOVE!

(0) Hearts

Hi, Jeffrey!

I have always loved makeup but I really want to take my skills to the next level. What tools are in every makeup artist's arsenal? Do you recommend any specific brands? Also, are there any educational books, videos, etc. you recommend? Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions. 

(0) Hearts

Hey Jeffery!

I've ben struggling with makeup for a while now. I'm a monolid, and I've never really figured out how to do the perfect winged eyeliner (and make it the same on both sides) or any of my eye makeup, really. I'm also having trouble with making my eyelashes visible without using falsies. How do I do both natural and dramatic looks that works with my eyelid?
Thanks so much,

Jess

(0) Hearts

Hi Jeffrey!  I have a question about under eye concealing.  No matter which primer, concealer, and/or setting powder I use, it always seems to settle into my fine line, accentuating them even more.  I've tried "baking" but that doesn't help much either.  Do you have any suggestions on how to prevent this?  Thank you in advance!  Lots of love from Hawaii!!

(0) Hearts

How do I remove dark circles which are purple/grey? I don't want it to finish grey when I apply my concealer ! Thanks !

Just like Drake, you gotta start from the bottom to get there! Use your lower lash line as a guide when mapping out yyour wings for symmetry and guaranteed lift! Check out My team mate Myeisha's 3 ways to wear eyeliner video for a really thorough tutorial!

Another tip, is to try mapping it with a brown or even white pencil FIRST, those colors are a bit less committal so you can practice the shape a bit more with easier clean up! Once you're happy with the shape, then lay black right on top! 

(0) Hearts

Great tip using a brown or white pencil first. Thank you!

Hey Jeffrey! I would appreciate your expert advice on how to create brows from (nearly) nothingness. It seems a lot of brow products are targeted toward creating bigger, bolder brows... but not really useful when you have no brows to enhance (blank canvas). How can I create natural looking brows?

[ Edited ]

I recently had a client with the SAME concern and we tackled it!

I first started by laying a bit of tinted shadow primer down to help grab and lock down all of our work! (Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion)

Then I used a brown pomade with a VERY LIGHT HAND! to sketch out the shape and backdrop for our brow to come (Makeup Forever Aqua Brow was REALLY controlable and easy to manipulate!)

After that dried down I bounced back and forth between brow pen and micro-pencil to create hairliike strokes on top of the shape we created! I used both formulas to mimic the matte and shine effect that hair naturally has! (Kat Von D Tattoo Brow is great and Sephora Collection Waterproof brow pencil)

Lastly I used a tinted brow gel on the hair that WAS present to bump it up and give it a more natural look! (Urban Decay's tinted Brow Gel)

I know that sounds like a lot, but she seriously looked like a different person when we were done, and she couldn't leave the store without trying it on for herself! Give it a go!

http://www.sephora.com/eyeshadow-primer-potion-tube-eden-P284718?skuId=1704436

http://www.sephora.com/aqua-brow-P375462?

http://www.sephora.com/tattoo-brow-P395242?

http://www.sephora.com/brow-tamer-flexible-hold-tinted-brow-gel-P398418?

Hi,

So I feel like the odd woman out in that I don't really like contouring (or clown makeup, or strobing or whatever it's called). I do a bit of highlighting with concealer and blush sometimes, but feels like I'm stuck in a makeup rut. Is there any new/fun makeup trend you think I should try (aside from contouring)?

Thanks!

(0) Hearts

Hi Jeffrey,

I have zero luck when it comes to foundation. I have a bit of redness, freckles, acne scars, you name it. I use primer, but no matter what foundation I use, it always seems to wear off mid-day. Anything heavy is too cakey. How do I get the beautiful, glow-y, dew-y, flawless skin I adore?

Thanks!!

Patti

(0) Hearts

I'm 50, and my eyes are getting a little crepey underneath.  Any sort of powder or concealer looks cakey and "old", but if I use moisturizing eye creams, I have raccoon eyes from mascara in a few hours.  How can I look dewy and fresh without my mascara traveling south?

Emily

(0) Hearts

Hi Jeffery! Thanks for taking the time to chat with us and answer our questions. I have a round face, sharp cheekbones, and I have double eyelids, but yoy cant tell that i have them. What should I do if I want to put on makeup that makes my face look small while having bigger eyes?

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • LEARNING_SOCIAL_GLOSSY_BeautyTalk_090915_HANDOFF.jpg