sephoraadmin2

Live Acne Q&A with Clinique and Murad!

[ Edited ]

acne_chat.jpg

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation! 

Banish blemishes with expert skincare advice. Just visit this thread on March 25 between 12-2pm PST and participate in our live Q&A with Janet Pardo, Senior Vice President of Global Product Development for Clinique, and Dr. Howard Murad. Ask them an acne question of your own and learn how to get your clearest skin ever.

Be sure click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Learn more about Murad: http://seph.me/1noe2cY

Learn more about Clinique: http://seph.me/1iH1aYV

cliniquebrand

Re: Live Acne Q&A with Clinique and Murad!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for all of your questions today. This hour went by fast! You asked such smart questions. I’ve really enjoyed chatting with all of you and hope you received some helpful information. Part of my job is to help people feel better about their concerns and provide a solution. You have been great participants and we love hearing your questions, concerns, and what is on your mind. 'Til next time...Janet.

photo.JPG

HannaJoney

(0) Hearts

Is it normal that pores be open and large? I haven't seen ANY people with no pores or minimal pores. I would like to know that :smileyhappy: And which product do you recommend to minimize pores?

pimehmeh

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

What is the difference between the Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel and the Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion?

AReichy

(0) Hearts

Hi Janet!

I am about to graduate and go to the Bahamas with my entire senior class. I have terrible skin with constant acne on my face and chest, I cant seem to catch a break! I currently wash my face using Clinique mild liquid facial soap with the Clarisonic Mia. I also use the Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel every day. I am so tired of not having clear skin, and I don't want to be wearing a full face of makeup in the Bahamas! I love Clinique products, are there any more you think might help? Thanks!

tanntan

(0) Hearts

Hi, I've received mixed info regarding using SPF on acne prone skin. Should I be forgoing sunscreen? If not, is there a particular type I should use? Also, how long should one use a new acne skincare line in order to find out whether it's effective or not? I've just started using Murad for nearly a month and while I've seen some progress it hasn't cleared my skin so am wondering whether I should switch. Thanks!

cliniquebrand

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If you started with Murad, stick with it. Acne needs time to heal. As far as SPF goes, YES, use an oil-free SPF. Try Clinique City Block SPF 25. If all else fails, you can always try Acne Solutions 3-Step. Good luck!

skincarefan1

(0) Hearts

I cleanse and moisturize my face every day and night.

But i have those little white head or bumps on my forehead the texture doesn't look right how could i get rid of that ? 

Thank you.

cliniquebrand

[ Edited ]

You need to exfoliate. Start with proper cleansing, then exfoliate and moisturize. Try 3-Step in your skin type and 7 Day Scrub Cream twice a week. Be gentle. Stick with it and it should clear up.

DTalksAll

Why do so many of Clinique's products contain drying alcohols in moisturizing products, and waxes in products meant for "sensitive" skin? And it's frustrating that we have to partake in a scavenger hunt just to get an accurate list of ingredients. It would be great if you could provide Sephora with ingredient lists like other brands do. When I shop for skincare I want to know what I'm putting on my face, if I can't find the ingredients I won't purchase it. 

lyravega

This! I don't buy Clinique for the simple reason - no list of ingredients provided! I'm not gonna hunt the ingredient list all over the web. I'll simply buy something else, from the brands that are not shy about ingredients in their products.

emyou

(0) Hearts

Hi, Janet! I wanted to ask you how can I get rid of of this pigmentation that acne has left me with but the thing is is that its not related with melanin as in I'm getting dark spots but they're rather red to purple spots(mostly red) can you please help me with this thank you! :smileyhappy:

becca706

(0) Hearts

I have a bunch of smaller breakouts and occasionally cystic acne. I use scion care products and am good about keeping up with my routine. I have used salicilic acid and benzoyl peroxide but neither seem to work. 

SparklesXO

(0) Hearts

Hi i'm 21 and have dry UBER sensitive skin. I have some breakouts mainly on my cheek how do I clear them up?

EvangelineDamon

(0) Hearts

Thank you very kindly for answering my first question. I was wondering what is the difference between Clinique's Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel and the Clinical Clearing Gel? I use the Even Better Clinical Dark spot corrector and wanted to know if I should still apply that when I am using the Even Better Concealer (which I heard was going to be discontinued..is that true?)  Thanks a lot for your suggestions and time.

Zebrahead

(0) Hearts

I am 20yrs old. from when i was a kid to after i finished highschool my skin has been clean i hardly ever had acne  when i did it was when my time of the month came but after that my face would clear back up again. And just recently my face has been breaking out with acne like crazy only on my cheeks. Every where else such as my forehead, chin, nose, neck, are clear. My eating habits are pretty clean i dont eat greens all day but i do eat a good amount of them and as far as junk food i have a burger fries and soda on the weekend. but other than that i only drink water (4-5 water bottles a day). I do exercise for an hr a night. i do have a good skin care routine. (I use a cleanser first, exfoliant, toner, and moisturizer) i have combination skin. I used to use Neutrogena skin care products but i felt like it wasn't doing much for me after months of use just recently. I switched to Garnier skin care products and i do see my face clearing up but my cheeks are red, i have pimples and scarring from pimples. any help as to what i could do or what the cause could be will be appreciated! 

cliniquebrand

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Sounds like you are doing a lot of things right...congratulations! We all love a little junk food here and there - I'm sure that's not why you are breaking out. Make sure you wash your face well...gently but thoroughly. Try Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam and apply Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel only on your blemishes.  To cover up your dark spots and even out your skin tone, try Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup. It contains salicylic acid which helps fight acne. It's a hard working makeup.

snuggleboo

(0) Hearts

What is the best facial brands for oily skin? and what are some tips for making skin not so oily?

cliniquebrand

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Of course, Clinique is the best brand...:smileyhappy: Oily skin needs proper cleansing, proper exfoliation and proper hydration. It's key to keeping your shine in check. You can also follow with an oil-free lightweight makeup or powder for all day shine control. Try 3-Step in the skin type that is right for you - skin type 3 or 4. And follow with Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder or Stay Matte Liquid Makeup.

ShannonBob

(0) Hearts

Hello,

I have acne and aging skin. HELP!!!!

cliniquebrand

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm hearing this issue more and more these days. First I would start using Clinique 3-Step in the skin type that's right for you. Then I would suggest Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel on the areas where you have the blemishes. Follow with Repairwear Laser Focus serum which smooths, restores and corrects all over your face.  You can even use it around your eyes. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 132 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 65 in conversation
    • glossy
    • DTalksAll
    • pimehmeh
    • anaa
    • superfam
    • alallalalallalal