onomotopoeia9

Light non-greasy sunscreen that doesn't interfere with makeup?

[ Edited ]

After my mom went for extensive dermatologist treatments to get rid of sun spots, I decided to take care of my skin while I still can. The thing is that I am very perfectionistic about my makeup and I do not want the sunscreen to make it ball up or seem oily or cakey. I am willing to spend for a product that is not noticeable and that will not make me break out. (most do...)

lylysa

Re: Light non-greasy sunscreen that doesn't interfere with makeup?

Do you know what exactly causes your breakouts from sunscreens?

For most folks that have problems with sunscreen, try to find a mineral based sunscreen with titanium dioxide or zinc, which is more natural and most likely won't interfere with your skin. The following thread has sunscreens listed from various brands with TD and zinc:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Sunblock-for-the-face/m-p/474533/highlight/true#M818...

However, with that being said, some folks do have reactions or issues with natural sunscreens, so in that case, look for chemical based sunscreens that contain Meroxyl, Helioplex, Oxybenzone, Homosalate, Octisalate, Octocrylene, and Avobenzone. These can be found in brands from Aveeno, Neutrogena, Lancome, Ole Henriksen, Peter Thomas Roth, and Supergoop.

sephoramusthave

swfupload_118700532475234755.jpgNeutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Daily Sunblock---this is my holy grail sunscreen for the face. It has natural/physical blockers so it doesn't break me out and it sets to a matte finish so my makeup just glides over it. I can only find it at CVS and ULTA. Its a white lotion that does leave a white cast but I wear makeup over it so its not at all noticeable.

keelybt

Hi Onomotopoeia9  One of my favorites is Josie Maran

Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40.  It absorbs quickly and gives a nice base for makeup.

swfupload_7248491484504146183.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/protect-daily-sun-protection-argan-oil-infused-spf-40-P261006?skuId=1242304

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I love The Argan Daily Moisturizer with SPF. If i know i'm gonna be outside it's a must. I've never had a problem with it.

ashleynne

[ Edited ]

s1452002-main-hero.jpg

I recommend Shiseido's Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 For Face. I think it's great that your stepping up to take better care for your skin. This is the only sunscreen I use for my face (besides the one in your foundation). I love that the consistency is that of liquid. It doesn't have that sunscreen smell but has a nice pleasant enough smell instead. I break out a lot and have oily skin and this was the one spf product that didn't feel gross or had a reaction to. You definitely should check it out!

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

looks great, thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • lylysa