Let's Talk Lancome

[ Edited ]

I am looking to be enabled right now, hit me with your favorite Lancome products, ladies- skincare or makeup! Smiley Very Happy

Re: Let's Talk Lancome

They are so pretty I don't even want to use them!

Whenever I think of Lancôme I think of the mascara! So defencils, extencils, or the hypnose mascara are all must haves. I would also get the cils booster. The effect from the cils booster and either of the mascara's is always 3 times your natural lashes.

image.jpgi just got the Spring collection's "lilac love" nail color, it is gorgeous! great coverage, no streaks or sheer spots. lovely frosty lavender.

I love the Hypnose  mascara, too!

Very pretty, thanks for the photo!

[ Edited ]

Lancome is my life.

Their eyeliner (kohl and liquid) are amazing.. just amazing. They're long wearing, don't budge, easy to use, and give your eyes a beautiful pop along with ALL (yes ALL) of their mascaras. I can't simply choose one, they all work amazing by conditioning, volumizing, curling, and lengthening my lashes. 

To get into small areas that need tiny touch ups, I use their brow pencil which I have repurchased multiple times. It stays precise with easy application and creates a beautiful and natural look. I use the colour "brunet" and it gives my brows perfect definition and wears all day! I also like that it has a brow brush at the other end of the pencil.

La base pro is a great face primer. It makes my skin feel silky smooth, makes my makeup last longer and radiant, and smoothes out my pore and fine lines. I can't go without it.

The Teint Idole Ultra 24hr foundation is wonderful, and I've been using it for the past 5 years. Every time I try something new, I always find myself coming back to the Lancome one because nothing beats it. It's oil free, feels lightweight but provides great coverage (does not feel heavy like the estee lauder double wear), has a more satin finish than matte but does not look flat, instead very natural and flawless. It covers skin imperfections like magic and lasts all day! When you touch your face, the foundation does not transfer to your hands, or clothes for that matter, and it looks great with a setting powder on top. The foundation is magnificent, I'm sure you'll fall in love with it!

The Lancome Translucence mattifying silky pressed powder is my holy grail pressed setting powder, it's oil free, very long wearing and lasts all day, sheer, and creates a natural skin finish.

My absolute favourite eyelash product is the Lancome Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara Base and I first received a sample of it... it was love at first use. I first curl my lashes with either the Lancome eyelash curler or Tarte eyelash curler and then apply a coat of the base which comes out white but dries kind of clear. I let the mascara base dry, and then follow with a coat of whatever mascara I choose to use that day (I alternate between a few). I finally lightly curl my lashes after the mascara dries, but that's not entirely necessary. It creates the most flawless lash look by making your lashes volumized, lengthened, full and defined, non-clumping, and conditioned. I always get compliments on my lashes when using this technique, try it out, you'll never go without it!

Their eyelash curler is phenomenal. It's gentle on lashes, comfortable, doesn't pinch, and is very durable. I've tried a countless number of eyelash curlers, and this by far is the best. It gives the most amount of curl to my lashes, they look extremely volumized and appear doubled in length! A beauty must have!

I also love their aquatique waterproof eye colour base, blush subtils, juicy tubes, colour design 5 shadow & liner palette, all of their eyeshadows in general, makeup remover, lipstick, and various skincare, but my hands are cramping up from typing so much.

Trust me these products are amazing! I'm a Lancome lover, and have been for the past 5 years.

Thank you for the detailed answer!! This was very helpful Smiley Happy Looking forward to trying out Lancome!

[ Edited ]

hehe are you looking to pick up a GWP or two?  My old standbys are the Dual Finish powder foundation (boohoo the fragrance free version was recently discontinued), bifacil dual phase eye makeup remover, and the Eau Fraiche Douceur cleansing water (great for makeup removal!).  The powder foundation is awesome because it's finely milled and can be used as a setting powder, but I can also get medium coverage with it when I use a buffing brush or damp sponge.  It doesn't settle in my pores or fine lines like other powders seem to.  I also love love love Lancome eyeshadows, their 5-color palettes are mostly gorgeous, and for a long-lasting lip color La Laque Fever is one of my favorites (although some may not like how it "sets" on your lips).

I haven't really tried Rouge in Love, but the Color Design lipsticks are pretty nice, they're so light on my lips and I don't have a problem with feathering.  

[ Edited ]

GWPs are my crack Smiley Wink

I have too many items I want now! Haha, will probably be getting more Lancome GWPs in the future, since they're available so frequently!

Also, thanks for the comment about the powder foundation- was staring at it and couldn't figure out if it was a setting powder or foundation!

Not to hijack the topic of this thread, but Estee Lauder has an awesome GWP at Macy's right now.

[ Edited ]

-

yes!  i was so upset when I found out!  let me know if you ever find a good replacement, I'm still on the search. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

@FancyPantzy -- I generally do prefer powder foundations, although for most of last year I was battling horrible acne breakouts and was using KVD Lock It liquid since it was the fullest coverage I could find!  Ooh thanks for the comments about the KVD powder, I'm glad you liked the finish (but sorry about the color!).  The liquid foundation shade 52 works great for me, so I'm hoping maybe 52 or 53 in the powder will work too.  It's definitely on my list of powders to try.  I used to use Clinique but going back to that after Lancome it just feels less smooth.  I also really liked Bare Minerals matte but when I discovered that the sunscreen ingredient (titanium dioxide) causes huge cystic acne for me, I had to stop using it.  

Another one you might want to check out is CoverFX, which is supposed to be designed for sensitive skin and has an enormous number of shades separated by cool, neutral, and warm (how awesome is that!).  I'm not sure I love it as much as the Lancome but at least it's fragrance free!

Looking at all of these items, you guys are awesome!!

Anyone tried the Rouge in Love? Thoughts?

[ Edited ]

a wonderful friend of mine gave me peony pucker (Rouge in Love) lipstick. It is so beautiful. there's a cute embossed flower on the lipstick. The tube is really nice and packaging is classic and professional looking. The lipstick is great too. Lasts a while on my lips and doesn't cause any reactions. 

m0Y_JQwaco_BR6-qOrLji7A.jpg

I splurged the other day (ebates check came in). and I bought a blush, bronzer, highlight palette: rose flush DSCF3746.JPG

DSCF3747-1.JPG

I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow (it was a pre order). When I swatched it at the counter last week it was SOOO soft and lovely! 

What sucked me in was the GWP though (Sephora should take notes). $35 purchase and I was able to pick 

Gift.jpg

(0) Hearts

Very pretty!! One of the items I ordered was Rouge in Love in the shade Ever So Sweet! I hope I like it! Smiley Happy

upload_857640899950961509.png

I stared at those blush trios for quite a while too. I definitely have a list for future GWP releases!

I love Lancome!  Although I struggle morally every time I buy stuff because they have horrid animal testing practices.  But my favorite Lancome products are:  

1).  The Teint Visionnaire Skin Correcting Duo - it is one of the best foundations I've ever used, and the concealer in the cap is extremely complimentary to the foundation shade, and ultra creamy and blendable.

2).  Le Crayon Poudre for Brows - I'm a complete brow klutz, so this super powdery pencil blends the best of 3 worlds by giving me the control of a pencil, the soft spreadable application of a powder, and a handy spooly tool to smudge it all around to look natural and then brush them.

3).  Le Absolu Nu Lipcolor - They used to have over a dozen of these lippies, but now they've dwindled down to a handful.  But they are a really sheer, soft, creamy lipstick with a very flattering, muted tone to them.  I bought several of them over the last couple years and every shade is flattering in its own way!

Can't wait for the new Lancome Gloss line to finally be available for purchase!  It's on Sephora dot com under Lip Lover!  Smiley Happy

Gloss in Love! The packaging with the click button (no twisting, no mess!) the precise applicator, and moisturizing formula are great.  I also like the pressed powder lots

http://www.sephora.com/gloss-in-love-P379984?skuId=1530773&icid2=Lancome_LP_WhatsNewMakeup_Carousel_...

http://www.sephora.com/dual-finish-versatile-powder-makeup-P54419?skuId=135558

This is my newest baby from Lancome. I love that the bronzer is soft and subtle. The pink blush is one of my new favorites ( along with the hourglass ones ). It's a great spring color.

http://www.sephora.com/blush-subtil-palette-P374928?skuId=1399724

[ Edited ]

So true!  I just raved about this and then was reading replies and it sounds like I copied you.  ha ha  But it is an awesomely perfect pencil!  Smiley Happy

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • m0Y_JQwaco_BR6-qOrLji7A.jpg
  • DSCF3746.JPG
  • DSCF3747-1.JPG
  • Gift.jpg
  • upload_857640899950961509.png