lillyjumper

Lengthening Mascara

Hello ladies (and gents)!!!

I am in the market for a new mascara, and don't know much of where to start! I know I want a good lengthening mascara that gives some volume, but mostly length to my lashes.

does anyone have some suggestions? thanks so much <3

PrettayinPink

Re: Lengthening Mascara

(0) Hearts

So. I recently posted a similar thread and got great answers from everyone. But I have also recently tried many more mascaras. Conclusion. 

stila Lengthening Mascara is GREAT! It's very build able, dries good, formula is great, brush is a little downer, if you have sensitive skin like me your eyes WILL break-out...

COVERGIRL Lashblast Fusion YES, I know drugstore but to me for everyday you need something affordable. For me I go through 2 tube per 3 weeks so buying high end for everyday use is a waste. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! And BTW the one that isn't waterproof works just as well as the waterproof one.

DON'T USE ELF'S MASCARA! (just wanted to add that)

NYX I know again drugstore. But I have to say the NYX Faux Lashes one is OKAY the only thing is it is a very watery formula so it is NOT waterproof whatsoever. SOMETIMES IT EVEN DRIVES ME A LITTLE CRAZY! But I have tried using a lash primer and sealer and that helped but it made it a mess to remove even with CLINIQUE's Take The Day OFF.

Bye Beautiful,

PRETTAYINPINK

Please give me a HEART.

Sarahsiobhan333

(0) Hearts

i absolutely love the baby doll YSL mascara i have tried the They're Real Benefit mascara there similar but i found the YSL baby doll mascara wand is better and more lengthening just my take i have also used tons of other mascaras of course but still the baby doll is the best especially for lengthening i first got a sample of it awhile ago and fell in love!

JaniceTL

(0) Hearts

What a hard life! Hahah :smileyhappy:

janinebt

Hi lillyjumper!

I've recently been using YSL's Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll. The wand is very flexible, which allows me to get each and every one of my lashes. I'm always left with really long doll-like lashes. It's a great mascara, not too dry or too wet.

upload_3576349357572433165.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
sulfate

(0) Hearts

I love YSL Shocking but have been curious about Babydoll.  Could you compare the two?  

JaniceTL

(0) Hearts

Hi Sulfate, 

I definitely love these two! 

In comparison, I love the baby doll for a more natural look kind of like lash extensions. 

I love the shocking for the more voluminous look. 

I actually love these two TOGETHER! I layer on my Clinique eye lash primer (sometimes when I have time) and then apply one layer of Babydoll. I let it dry a bit then apply the layer of Shocking. 

With the shocking be warned that there is a LOTTTTT of product that seems to come gushing out when you try to take the wand out. To help with climbing and excess product, I just scrape it on the rim of the container. 

But I love these two together. But if I had to choose one over the other, I would pick Shocking. Because to me, it voluminizes, lengthens, darkens all at the same time and you can single layer this on quick days. :smileyhappy: 

Hope this helps!!

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I want to try that one now! so many choices, now to decide.. haha 

JaniceTL

(0) Hearts

You should! :smileyhappy:

mberteig

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I like to layer mascaras, there's a synergistic effect that's better than either one alone.  I use a lengthening one first, then a volumizing one on top of that.

Some of my favorite lengthening mascaras are Maybelline Lash Stiletto (this is my absolute favorite), Maybelling Full and Soft (this is lengthening for me), and Lancome Definicils.

Some of my favorite volumizing mascaras are Too Faced Better Than Sex (fabulous!), Jordana (also great and very inexpensive), and  Maybelline the Falsies.

Have fun!

saturnwings

Second Buxom (the classic one) for pure length.  Great mascara that mostly lengthens but gives some definition and length, too.  Smudges on me, though.

Don't understand the love for Benefit's They're Real mascara.  On me, it more volumizes than anything else.  I get some definition and very minor lengthening.  All in all, it doesn't make much of a difference on my lashes, but there's a ton of folks who prove that I'm apparently a special snowflake.

Best lengthening mascara I've ever used is Too Faced's Better Than False mascara.  However, it is such a pain to use and get off (and then there's the whole must curl all my lashes because my top and bottom lashes now tangle together because they're too long), so I must admit to rarely putting this on.

I use Blinc for day-to-day usage.  It isn't a dramatic effect, but it does lengthen, and it's so very easy to take off while never smudging (not a big issue for most folks but most non-waterproof mascara smudges on me).  I love my Blinc.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Haven't heard much about the Blinc one, so now will have to check it out as well! 

A lot of people love the Buxom one, so also am looking at that one! Does the waterproof smudge on you?

saturnwings

(0) Hearts

Except for the L'Oreal Voluminous (I think - the one in the gold packaging that's tapered on both ends), I've never had waterproof mascara smudge on me.  However, waterproof mascara is hard to take off, and I have enough issues with my lashes being prone to falling out.  It's why I use the Blinc - it's a tube mascara, so it doesn't smudge but it comes off easily with warm water.  In all honesty, you might not love it like I do.  It isn't a dramatic mascara like a lot of the ones mentioned and really only lengthens.  For the day-to-day, go-to-work-then-home kind of thing, though, it is perfect.

iheartmakeup95

I absolutely LOVE Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I just ordered a new tube of it. I'm addicted! It gives length and volume to the lashes and creates a beautiful, show-stopping effect.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I will have to look at that, since I haven't heard that much about it!

lecia1167

I second Benefits Yes They're Real. The best mascara out there!

eriles

I am a big fan of Lancome's Hypnose. I find it is lengthening and volumizing and you can build up the layers if you want. I don't have issues with clumping or flaking. It's my go to mascara!.  I also like Tarte's gifted Amazonian Clay mascara. I always come back to Hypnose though!

Another good one to try might be Benefit's They're Real! (plus they sell it in a mini size so you don't have to pay as much to try it). The only issue I had with it was I found it was difficult to remove, but that might have just been issues with my makeup remover. 

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Which lancome? is it the hypnose star or the hypnose drama?

eriles

(0) Hearts

Just the regular hypnose! It gets confusing with all the different hypnose mascaras they make. I think the full name is hypnose custom volume mascara. 

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

haha i was a little confused! but a friend of mine has used that one, and she said she loved it, so will also have to look into this one! 

mychoi

I gave the same response to somebody earlier last month or so, but my roommate tried the buxom lash mascara and complained about her eyelashes hitting her brow bone haha

what a thing to complain about, huh? -O-

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • saturnwings
    • janinebt
    • sulfate
    • lillyjumper