violalea

Left eyelid feel dry and uncomfortable after removing eyeshadows

[ Edited ]

So I have a question about my left eyelid. After remove the eyeshadow, my left eyelid usually feel dry and uncomfortable, my right eyelid is fine. I usually put on UD eye primer then shadows. I dont know what happen cause only 1 eyelid not both. 

Any help would be appreciated.

janinebt

Re: Left eyelid feel dry and uncomfortable after removing eyeshadows

Hi violalea,

Couldn't agree more with the advice you've been given! If the problem persists please contact your primary physician or eye doctor.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
colorobsession

I think everyone gave some solid advice. In addition, if you are wearing makeup every day (or almost every day) you may also want to give your eyes a break for a couple of days to give your troubled lid a chance to calm down and re-hydrate. Even on general principle I think it's nice to occasionally give your skin a day to breathe and take a break from the whole makeup/makeup remover routine.

violalea

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks. As I have mentioned earlier, you ladies are awesome !!!!! i only wear makeup like 2 days per week and because of the drying issue sometimes I dont even wear eyeshadows.

DTalksAll

I had a similar problem a few years back. I noticed one eyelid would constantly be more dry than the other. I think it was due to my makeup remover (the Sephora waterproof one) and rubbing too much since I wear a lot of waterproof & long-wear products. As soon as I switched to Bliss Lid & Lash wash I never got those dry patches again. The Koh Gen Do spa water doesn't dry them out either. 

If you really like your remover, then invest in an eye gel/cream that is safe for the eyelid.

Bosia & Ole Henriksen have nice ones. 

http://www.sephora.com/enlivening-amino-ag-eye-treatment-P61211?skuId=1164151

http://www.sephora.com/fresh-start-eye-creme-P42326?skuId=966978

violalea

Thanks I will give it a try dannyc :smileyhappy:

violalea

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much for your reply ladies. You ladies are the best !!!!! Love :smileyhappy:   :smileywink:

Yeah I have been using the makeup remover from sephora and I only bought it 2 months ago. In the past I used lancome and same problem.

Yes I use eye cream from Mario Badescu. I have the new Origins planscription eye cream so I will be using that after finishing the MB

Eye primer from Urban Decay.

Must have been from the eye primer potion cause I have been using those come with UD palettes so they might be old.

Probably not mascara cause even when i dont use mascara, my left eyelid still has the same problem.

beautylovingirl

Sometimes you can get makeup under your eyelid without noticing it so be careful because you can actually harm your eye.

crayzeeRN

Does your left eyelid look any different compared to your right after you take your makeup off? Is your eye itself red or having any drainage?

mafan

Do you use an eye cream on your eyes? How old is your primer potion and how harsh is your makeup remover? How old is your mascara?

I had terrible trouble with my eyelids last fall; one was definitely worse than the other.  Not only was it dry and uncomfortable, but I got to the point where the eyelids were actually flakey.  Not nice at all.

I tossed my tube of primer potion in case that was causing me problems.  (It was getting close to 5 months old anyway.) I switched makeup removers, used a shadow I hadn't opened before, etc.  I think that I was not well hydrated and maybe got too much sun.

Anyway, what really helped me was using Clinque's All About Eyes.  I started with the regular and was using it 3-4 times a day some days.  (And yes, it's fine to put right on your eyelid.  My Fresh eye gel did not like that.)  I then got some of the All About Eyes Rich and that was even better.  I still don't know what started my problem but everything cleared up and I haven't had it happen again.  I'm definitely making sure I keep some of this around even if I use other eye creams at times.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • janinebt
    • mafan
    • crayzeeRN
    • colorobsession
    • beautylovingirl