Answer
MicheyChristine
Large Pores, Oily but Dry Skin

Hello everyone.  I need help.  I am 21 with very strange skin.  I guess you would call it combination; it is very dry around the cheek areas and a bit on my forehead but it gets extremely oily throughout the day.  I have tiny bumps on my forehead that appear to be acne under my skin.  I do not really break out anywhere else, however, the bumps on my forehead do not clear up! I had my son 7 months ago so I understand that may have somethign to do with it.  They are so irritating, I have tried a MILLION products to clear them up and absolutely nothing has worked.  I've tried different cleansers, toners, masks, moisturizers.  But the problem is, it always feels dry even after moisturizer but then gets very oily.  

I also have very very very large pores around my nose and on my cheeks that seem to be so apparent.  I would really like a smooth complexion.  I have tried at least 10 different foundations; liquids, powders, loose, minerals.  I have tried endless primers, sprays, creams, etc.  Needless to say, I have spent quite a pretty penny trying to a) clear my face and b) hide my pores for my than 10 minutes after applying my face makeup.  Right now, I kinda skipped a lot of my products and have only been using a clay mask (3x week), a very light cleanser and moisturizer as my daily routine to see if my skin will tolerate that instead of other harsh products.  I am also limiting my foundation to just a tinted moisturizer and some powder but my cheeks are very red and I do love my full coverage at times.  

I just want minimized pores and a smooth complexion and for these darn bumps to get off my forehead!  Please help and thanks for taking the time to read this. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
corrin99
Answered

I'm 25 and have similar skin, oily sometimes and dry and flakey sometimes.  I have been desperate for a fix for my blemishes, I don't have that many but I hate them.  I went and bought Clinique exfoliating scrub and Dramatically Different Gel.  I have had these many times and it's only been a week but my pores look smaller and skin is smoother, and I'm not getting anymore blemishes.  Just having a faster turnover makes my pores look smaller.  As for a primer and serum, Dr. Brandt No More Pores primer is so smooth and silky and really fills in the imperfections and Clinique pore refining serum works well.  Please try the scrub and lotion, I love them and think they make a world of difference.

MicheyChristine
I've been dreading spending the money on Dr. Brandt products but it sounds like it will be all worth it!! Thanks! My pores drive me crazy!
Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 13 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • gingerknitter
    • ChicDabbler
    • Apocalyptica
    • beautylovingirl
    • MicheyChristine
    • estringrocker
    • themakeupaddict