carrie1975

Lancome Dual Finish Powder Help

(0) Hearts

I wanted to know what the difference is between the matte porcelain 1(c) andthe matte porcelain delicate 1(c). The delicate looks like it is more pink than the other one but it is really hard to tell online and I wanted to use my f&f discount to buy it tonight. I do use Lancome Tient Idole Ultra 24hr in 100(n) and it is a perfect match for me. I tend to use cool undertone powders and I'm not sure which I should get. Thank you for your help!

dianabt

Re: Lancome Dual Finish Powder Help

(0) Hearts

Hi Carrie1975, 

I wanted to let you know (even though you've already been assisted!) that yes, delicate is neutral and matte porcelain is a slightly more pink tone. 

They are still in the Intensity 1 family which is the lightest and very similar it just depends if you want the cooler tone or neutral :smileyhappy: I love these powders! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
ashleynne

(0) Hearts

I'm so glad I can actually help you out with this! As I had to choose between the two colors myself. Matte porcelain has a pink undertone (cool) where the matte porcelain delicate is more of neutral undertone  (having yellow in it, but not completely warm). Honestly between the two colors there's a little more than a hairs difference. It's really all on preference. Either one you choose it should work out fine. :smileyhappy:

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

Do you use it dry or wet? I've never tried a powder west before but I have visions of cake on my face if I tried it wet. I like how it says you can use it as a finishing powder with a powder brush too. I can't wait to get it and try it out. Thank you for your help!

ashleynne

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've only used it dry on me personally. When I worked in cosmetics my coworkers at the lancome counter I never once really saw them use it wet. They told me it's full coverage when wet so it's ideal for a spot, such as a blemish to cover. It get's cakey if you use it over the entire face. Honestly I never met a customer who used it wet either. It really is a great powder and they give you a lot of product too. For me it lasted a long while because I would use it after putting on my liquid foundation and then stipple dual finish on over it to give more coverage and a soft matte finish. As the coverage starts out sheer, you will need to build it to where you want it to be. If your using it alone you'll probably go through it a lot faster than I did. lol And your welcome! I was really happy I could help you on this! :smileyhappy:

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

I'm going to use it over my Lancome liquid foundation. I love the liquid foundation and with the powder I can decide how to wear it, whether it's over the liquid for more coverage of by itself if I'm only wearing makeup for a few hours. The reviews on it are excellent and with 20% off it is a great buy. Thanks again for the help and have a great week!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Here are the two colors from Lancome's website:Matte Porcelaine 

Matte Porcelaine Delicate

Not sure these help but the delicate does look more pink.

carrie1975

Those colors show up way lighter here than on the product page for Sephora. Thank you...you've made my decision easier.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Your welcome I wished I could've  helped you more but it's hard on line.:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • ashleynne
    • beautylovingirl
    • carrie1975
Photos2
  • 096018205100_SWATCH1_PORCELAINEI_DUALFINISHVERSATILE_1-MATTE PORCELAIN 1 (C).jpg
  • -MATTE PORCELINE DELICATE 1(C).jpg