emilymik

Keeping lipstick in the center of the lip

(0) Hearts

I have looked all over for a solution to my problem. I can't keep lipstick on the center of my lip. It's like spit just washes it away (sorry). I've tried drying my lips before application as well as applying concealer on my lips before the lipstick. Any other tricks you may know of?

miabt

Re: Keeping lipstick in the center of the lip

(0) Hearts

Hi emilymik,

Oddly, I just answered this question for my aunt the other day!  It wasn't her entire lip, but just a small section in the center that color just wouldn't stay.  My recommendation, which she said completely helped, was to use a lip primer.  One of my favs is the Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer> http://www.sephora.com/lip-insurance-lip-primer-P259615?skuId=1242510.  Its helped with both lipsticks & glosses :smileywink: Give it a try!

xo, Mia

weeeeweeeeeee

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've tried using The Body Shop Lip Liner Fixer. Keeps lipstick from feathering.

emilymik

(0) Hearts

I picked up the too faced lip primer and it dried out my lips like crazy and didn't keep any color in the center of my lips. I will be trying the lip liner and translucent powder tricks next! Thanks for everyone's advice

ladymeag

I use a liner in a color close to the lipstick color over my entire lip - be careful with shade matching, this can make your lipstick look a slightly different color. I've had good luck with the clear Urban Decay lipliner (Ozone) holding that center better, as well, when applied over the whole lip - no color change worries there!

http://www.sephora.com/24-7-glide-on-lip-pencil-P219001

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

Primers help :smileyhappy: or maybe try a lip liner with your lipstick?

ladyace74

(0) Hearts

I heard putting on primer works. Or putting on lipstick, blotting it, then re-applying it and dusting it with translucent powder.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • ladyace74
    • ladymeag
    • lilmissmodel14
    • miabt