Answer
jessbob
Keeping concealer from emphasizing fine lines and creases

I've been using MAC Select Cover-Up concealer for years and I'm happy with it, but I'm always trying out other products to see if there is something I like even better. Two weeks ago a Sephora store employee recommended Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer. I really like the coverage and color, but within an hour or two of putting it on, the concealer sinks into the fine lines and creases of my under-eye. I didn't even realize I had those lines until I first tried the LM concealer and it emphasized them!

I had already purchased the concealer when I realized it doesn't stay put, so I'd like to continue using it. Is there a moisturizer available that will plump up the lines or keep the concealer "floating" above the lines? Anything else I should try?

Thank you!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
prochristine
Answered

hello jessbob!

A few options for you are to  set your LM concealer with her Secret Brightening Powder which is a formulation specifically for setting and brightening the under eye area! You can also use a primer like Benefit's Stay Don't Stray primer that can be used as an eye lid primer as well as a concealer one too! With these products you'll notice your make up stays in place and looks amazing!!

Hope this helps!

Christine 

jessbob
(0) Hearts
Thanks, Christine! I don't like to wear many products at once, so I'll try the primer.
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • prochristine
    • jessbob
    • madam31