Answer
jessbob
Keeping concealer from emphasizing fine lines and creases

I've been using MAC Select Cover-Up concealer for years and I'm happy with it, but I'm always trying out other products to see if there is something I like even better. Two weeks ago a Sephora store employee recommended Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer. I really like the coverage and color, but within an hour or two of putting it on, the concealer sinks into the fine lines and creases of my under-eye. I didn't even realize I had those lines until I first tried the LM concealer and it emphasized them!

I had already purchased the concealer when I realized it doesn't stay put, so I'd like to continue using it. Is there a moisturizer available that will plump up the lines or keep the concealer "floating" above the lines? Anything else I should try?

Thank you!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
prochristine
Answered

hello jessbob!

A few options for you are to  set your LM concealer with her Secret Brightening Powder which is a formulation specifically for setting and brightening the under eye area! You can also use a primer like Benefit's Stay Don't Stray primer that can be used as an eye lid primer as well as a concealer one too! With these products you'll notice your make up stays in place and looks amazing!!

Hope this helps!

Christine 

madam31
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hiya,

you sound just like me.. these fine lines will be the death of me lol.. but in all seriousness i been through a lot of products regarding my fine lines. what i been using now is the Sephora Perfecting Eye Primer(a little goes a long way).. and the new Korres Wild Rose Instant Brightening Eye Treatment. Applying eye cream first..i give it a few mins, then i apply the eye primer and the concealer.

hope that helps :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • prochristine
    • jessbob
    • madam31