MAKEUPxx

Kat Von D Foundation

Hi everyone!

After waiting a long time to get my right color in the Lock-it foundation, I'm having a little trouble with applying it. I feel like it is a little too thick and I was wondering if anyone has advice to apply it. I tried mixing it with my UD naked skin foundation and it works better, but the color is a little off when I do that. I have heard of mixing it with BB creams, but I don't own one and don't really know much about them! I really want to love this foundation but it tends to settle in my smile lines/forehead. I'm 22 years old, so I don't have wrinkles. I use BareMinerals Prime Time and I also set it with MAC's fix+ or UD all nighter. I use a buffing brush and have tried it with a beauty blender and didn't like the way it looked.  Any advice/similar foundations would be greatly appreciated!!! 

sephoramusthave

Re: Kat Von D Foundation

(0) Hearts

For me, the best way in applying that foundation is fingers. I tried a buffing brush, I tried a blending sponge and (clean!!!) fingers work the best. I use very very little. Its very thick and creamy and super pigmented so I just dab a little around my face and blend. I set it with powder and it looks flawless all day.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Definitely use the smallest amount you have to remember the coverage it gives honestly there is no need to mix it with anything else.Also I agree on blending one area at a time that will also help.

MAKEUPxx

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the advice! I actually use the Sigma F80, I just got it the other day and love it! I use one full pump, but I'll try half a pump!!

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi MAKEUPxx,

I absolutely LOVE my KVD Foundation... now that I've figured out the perfect method :smileyhappy:  I use half a pump to the back of my hand & apply a bit to my cheeks, forehead & nose.  I then use my Beauty Blender and bounce it in the areas that I want the most coverage & blend it outward :smileyhappy:  Sooo simple!  The Beauty Blender really defuses the coverage, so its not as heavy :smileywink:  Hope that helps!!

xo, Mia

lreagan

(0) Hearts

One thing that might help it blend better is doing one section of your face at a time instead of putting it all over your face and blending it all at once. What I do is I pump out a tiny bit on the back of my hand, dip the tip of the brush to get a tiny bit, then divide my face in quadrants and blend one at a time: right cheek, left cheek, forehead, chin.

lreagan

(0) Hearts

It settled into my pores until I switched primers. Once I started using Hourglass's Mineral Veil primer, it went on a lot smoother. I also use a really good buffing brush. Urban Decay makes a good one, but my personal favorite is the Sigma F80 brush. And you really only need a TINY bit. I use about a half a pump and it covers my whole face.

I haven't personally tried this, but maybe try adding a drop of argan oil to the foundation and mix it in. It shouldn't change the color, but it should make it less thick.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt
    • lreagan
    • MAKEUPxx