hoosyette

Just turned 40.

Too many products don't know Which to choose. i just turned 40. i am very busy working mom. i need a short morning routine but have time at night. i am acne prone in the chin area with some rednsess. i have dark circle under my eyes all the time. the rest of my skin seems a lttile dry (used to be veryoily) i have started seeing some age spots, laugh lines and crows feet . my skin does not tolerate retinol, what would you reccomend.People say i dont look my age and  i would like to keep it that way. I need a daily routine and maybe some great advice on a once a week mask...

hoosyette

Re: Just turned 40.

(0) Hearts

thank you. i am just so confused by all the products. if you had to pick to products to try what would they be?

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi hoosyette!

You have already been given fantastic advice. Adding a face mask to your weekly routine is an excellent way to keep your skin looking refreshed.

Although it is out of stock online, I'd recommend the Fresh Rose Face Mask. This mask is extremely soothing thanks to cucumber and aloe extracts. It smells fantastic and feels great after a long day. This will help keep some of that redness at bay.

swfupload_696787994754132977.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
hoosyette

(0) Hearts

thanks for all the suggestions. . it is interesting that you brought up bb creams. i was just lookingi nto them. do they really work. it would be great if i could swipe on moisturizer with a tint. i had tried laura mercier tinted foundation but kept on having breakouts.

any reccemondation in this area?

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@hoosyette- I recommended sets for you so it would be cheaper for you. The Murad Intense C peel is not that harsh. I really don't have any other recommedations as far as something with out Vitamin C or A because those are two of the top products in anti-aging products. Good luck I hope you find what you are looking for.

madih

(0) Hearts

The best thing for the dark circles under your eyes is more sleep. The second best thing is Kate Somerville Dark Circle Corrective eye cream. 

http://www.sephora.com/cytocell-dark-circle-corrective-eye-cream-P286709?skuId=1331024#BVRRWidgetID

Based on the reviews though it either works for you or it doesn't, So I would suggest going to the store and getting a few sample sachets before committing to the purchase as it is pretty pricy.

I love Origins Checks and Balances facewash which I use when I have time for a proper wash.

http://www.sephora.com/checks-balances-frothy-face-wash-P297516

When I am pushed for time though I use Caudalie Cleansing Water - fast and easy!

http://www.sephora.com/cleansing-water-P139102?skuId=912477

And have you thought about a BB cream? Sun protection, moisturising, and bit of a tint to hide any imperfections, great stuff. Too Faced does a really sheer cream that you will forget you are even wearing.

I have a rambunctious toddler and a new baby so I know exactly where you are coming from. Good luck.

hoosyette

(0) Hearts

thanks ! the information is so overwheliming! i usually just wash my face in the morning dab on moisturizer with sunscreen. right now i am using even better by clinique. before i go to bed i wash off makeup- dont like the product i am using it tends to dry my skin. and leave residue- but i like something quick. i thenk use keihls eye cream ( just started)and moisturizer again. but i have lost that youthful skin glow.and the bags under my eyes are very pronounce ( at least to me) irritation on chin area is a constant. help!

drrragon

[ Edited ]

ah, I do like Clinique stuff and Even Better is a nice moisturizer wtih good antioxidants that do more for your skin than just plain moisturizers.  

My favorite makeup remover is actually Clinique Take the Day Off Balm, which comes in a purple jar.  It's the best one I've tried that takes off ALL makeup (sunscreens, foundation, mascara, liner) without drying out my skin, and rinses off completely clean with no residue.  That said, it's not all that fast but it does come in a liquid and milk form that would be faster than the balm.

If you want to try adding an exfoliating product to your routine (exfoliation is a good way to retain your youthful glow), Clinique has a good one called Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer which comes in a blue bottle.  Use it at night after cleansing and before your regular moisturizer (or maybe instead of moisturizer if you don't need that much moisture).

drrragon

(0) Hearts

Hi hoosyette,  retinol and vitamin C are ingredients with proven results when it comes to keeping skin healthy and looking younger.  You might want to try something with lower concentrations first if you're worried about irritation.  Aside from those, antioxidants in general are also good for skin, like vitamin E, green tea, grape seed oil, etc.  Also very good to help skin produce more collagen are niacinamide and ceramides.

If you're not already exfoliating that's something to consider adding into your routine.  Glycolic acid helps to reveal younger-looking skin by increasing skin cell turnover, which helps with fine lines and sun damage.

Since we can't post links to external websites, I will PM you a link where you can read up on the ingredients I mentioned above.

I'm currently using retinol and vitamin C products regularly so I don't have a lot of recommendations for you, but for a glycolic acid exfoliator some of the posters on here swear by Anthony Logistics Glycolic cleanser.  For myself I'm using Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% moisturizer (which is a bit strong to start with but I phased it in slowly over time).

If you give us more information about what products you're currently using, perhaps that would help people give you more specific recommendations.

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

Products which work but aren't too harsh for me are

Ole Henriksen aloe line - of cleanser and tonic (which is a toner) for the actual cleansing,

Origins GinZing eye cream

Dior One-Essential Serum for wrinkles

Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum for spot prevention as well as removal

In general, masks tend to be pretty concentrated - thats what they are meant for, but Fresh has some that are pretty gentle and smell great

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

hope that helped!

hoosyette

(0) Hearts

thank you! i wasnt looking for a "set" just some great products. the vitamin c peel sounds too strong for my skin. any other suggestions?

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Well I can understand that but your skin is alot older and tougher now. But I'll go ahead and give the two suggestions that I think would be great for you:

1. Lancome Genifique Visibly Younger Set.

2. Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Set

For the mask/treatment I would suggest Dr. Murad's Intensive C radiance peel.

Hope this helps!

hoosyette

(0) Hearts

when i was a teeneager i tried retin-a my skin had such a bad reaction to it almost immediately that i never have tried anything with retinal in it.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Can you face not tolerate any sort of retinol or just the retin a cream which is the harshest?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • janinebt
    • beautylovingirl
    • onomotopoeia9
    • madih
    • hoosyette