LostInTime

Just got into makeup

Hi, I just finally started using makeup (at age 19 lol) and I'm trying to figure out what will go good with my type of skin since I have eczema. I started using bare minerals in warm dark. What would look well I suppose. I am a big eyeliner person anything edgy and colorful I like. Any suggestions or tips for a beginner?

LostInTime

Re: Just got into makeup

(0) Hearts

Well for me I only have patches on my face that flake daily without extreme exfoliation and moisture packs. So anything that can keep moisture locked in I'm willing to try lol

denden798

(0) Hearts

If you have eczema on your body (this is not for your face) you have to use Gold Bond Healing lotion. My sister has suffered from eczema for 10 years and she tried this and it literally got rid of it. Changed her life...you must try it

DanaKontnik

I JUST started getting into makeup within the last month or so and I turn 29 in 4 months! It's never too late to get into makeup. Beware though, it can become VERY addictive as I've come to find out lol.

I like melmphs on youtube. She's got an adorable southern accent, she's such a positive person, she's has an incredibly cute little girl who sometimes makes a cameo appearance in her videos lol and she does great hair and makeup tutorials as well as critiques different products. Can't say enough good things about her. http://www.youtube.com/user/Melmphs

Good luck to you! :smileyhappy:

denden798

(0) Hearts

I absolutely love melmphs too! She's awesome! I highly reccomend her

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

I totally agree!!! I spend sooo much time at sephora in store and online i should work there! I swear the people there are sick of me they see me sooo much lol! Some of SA even say hi and ask me how my most recent purchase has worked out for me lmaooo

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I think there was a thread a few days back about Paula (the cosmetics cop) and products she rates and that she rates them specifically for people with sensitive skin (i think I read that she had eczema and tailors reviews to her skin??)

Not sure if the info on that thread may help?

LostInTime

(0) Hearts

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

Lips are important!...i got into makeup a year ago (At 24 lol) and i didnt realize that i was neglecting my lips until recently. Finding some good lipsticks and lip balms helps tie all your makeup together at least I think so =). I'm into bold lip colors (reds, bright pinks) so I suggest finding some fun colors to play with on your lips =) 

newermexico

(0) Hearts

I would suggest hypoallergenic products...

dianabt

Hi LostInTime,

Even if you have eczema, don't let that take you away from using fun colors and shadows! I'd suggest you look at Clinique or even Tarte for some gentle yet amazing colorful selections of liners and shadows to wear and choose from.

For a quick and easy look I like a volumizing mascara and then I like to wear a black or brown liner on the top of my eyes and line the lower lash line with a bold green or blue shade:

Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes

Clinique - Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil

Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye PencilUrban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

Or even try a colorful shadow on the lids or a sparkly liner:

Tarte Beauty & the Box Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Quad

Tarte - Beauty & The Box Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Quad

Tarte - Beauty & The Box Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Quad

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats