brookletcpa

Is there a sunscreen that won't leave my face shiny?

brookletcpa

Re: Is there a sunscreen that won't leave my face shiny?

(0) Hearts

I compared the suggested products and decided to order the tinted Clarins.  I'll let you know how it works out!

1930sbella

(0) Hearts

I just like to use Olay spf lotion. It smells very nice.

brookletcpa

(0) Hearts

Thank you all so much!  I knew I would get help here.

beautylovingirl

Also check out the Algenist SPF is very light and it won't leave you oily.original[1].jpg

lylysa

(0) Hearts

There's a couple of options to look into, the one Keely mentioned is a great oil-free option from Kate Somerville, her other SPF option (Daily Deflector SPF 50) is also very light-weight, quick absorbing and has a thin, fluid-like formula, great for combination or oily skin, or even if you just want to cut down the time it takes from layering on skin care products.

The PTR powders that Prettyinpa suggested are great to top off skin throughout the day and reapply SPF without ruining your make up. PTR also makes a day lotion called CliniMatte, which has SPF 20 and is an oil free, mattifying formula that also helps to minimize the appearance of pores.

prettyinpa

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Powder SPF 45 Sunscreen won't leave your face shiny and can be put on over your makeup for touch ups during the day.

link:http://www.sephora.com/instant-mineral-powder-spf-45-P235908?skuId=1165737

mafan

(0) Hearts

I love, love, love Clarins UV Plus HP SPF 40 sunscreen:

swfupload_4348744325149241802.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/uv-plus-hp-day-screen-high-protection-spf-40-P282024?skuId=1312958

I find that if anything, it mattifies.  It definitely does not leave you shiny.  I've even worn it as my only moisturizer when I was in really hot, sweating conditions where anything heavy was just too much (although it usually isn't enough for me.)

I like it so much I have the tinted versions, too.  Light is good for me in the winter, but now that I've (slowly) gotten some sun, I find that mixing light and medium works.

Sheseido also has a nice serum to wear over moisturizer.

keelybt

Hi Brooklecpa I recommend trying Kate Sommerville Protect SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen.  It is very lightweight and doesn't leave your face shiny or sticky.

Kate Somerville - Protect SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen

http://www.sephora.com/protect-spf-55-serum-sunscreen-P238608?skuId=1189539

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • prettyinpa
    • lylysa
    • mafan