liveinlovexx

Is Laura Mercier Make-up good for your skin?

Hey guys!

So I am at the ripe age of 23 now, and I am now concerned about keeping my face healthy! I purchased the silk creme by Laura Mercier, and the setting powder. When I wear this I get tons of compliments! Makes me feel great.

However...

I went to my derm recently and she said I have great skin but I should be careful with make-up, as to not get break-outs or ruin my skin with toxins. She recommened Jane Iredale (A mineral make-up) so of course... I bought it. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I don't LOVE it. And it's far to expensive for me to not be bought into it. I LOVE LAURA.

But I am so afraid to ruin my skin. You only have one you know?

I do use really good cleanser, I do exfoliate. I have a face mask. I have a good skin routine. By having good skin-care, should I not worry so much?

I used to use MAC, which was great, but appearantly clogs porse and is bad for your skin.

Thoughts?! Thanks!!

:]

liveinlovexx

Re: Is Laura Mercier Make-up good for your skin?

Hey beautylovingirl! :smileyhappy: Mac was awesome for me for years but a few months ago I noticed very clogged pores and oily skin. Maybe my skin just changed but yeah it's just not as great for me anymore. I wouldn't say it was bad for my skin but it just didnt feel right anymore. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I've used MAC for 10 + years and my skin has never been affected by it, you can hear all the boos for MAC but you don't know what will work best for you until you use it. Was MAC actually affecting your skin or did you stop because someone said so?

liveinlovexx

(0) Hearts

Alright, thanks keelybt!!

keelybt

Hi Liveinlovexx Laura Mercier won't be harmful and shouldn't cause breakouts.  As long as you aren't noticing any breakouts or irritation, I would stick with it since it seems to work well for you.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • beautylovingirl
    • liveinlovexx