MonMaria

In search of the perfect blush brush. Any suggestions?

[ Edited ]

Hello guys! 

I'm in search for a really good blush brush to add to my collection. I've been using bobbi brown's face blender brush because I don't have one, so I thought I'd maybe buy the Bobbi Brown Blush Brush, but it's expensive. Because it's a big (50 dllr) investment I wanted to ask your opinion before making the purchase.

I did a little research and Sephora's Pro Angled Blush Brush #49 also caught my eye because of it's angular shape (for contouring I think) and it's 20 bucks cheaper.

Any suggestions, I don't mind investing my hard earned $$$ if the product is worth it.

GlamChic

Re: In search of the perfect blush brush. Any suggestions?

(0) Hearts

Sephora has some great quality brushes. I love their kits that have the ones I want and often buy those just so I have a multitude to put into different makeup cases (I usually have three or four made up at a time so I can choose a style of makeup depending on my mood),  I would definitely go with Sephora, they stand behind their products, they are great quality, and best of all you'll get points for purchasing it!! So definitely save your money and get a great quality brush plus the extras that come with being a Beauty Insider. Good Luck!!

WittyW

I've tried a lot of blush brushes before but my favorites are Benefit's blush brush (Sephora doesn't carry it) and the Sonia Kashuk Medium Angled Multipurpose Powder Brush which is in the Kashuk Tools Line at Target. It retails for about $17-18. The Benefit blush brush is similar to the Bobbi Brown blush brush, I think. 

At the end of the day, it really comes down to how you're most comfortable applying blush. What I love about the Sonia Kashuk brush is that it doesn't break the bank, it cleans up well, and since it has black bristles I can immediately see how much product is on the brush. It also applies like an angled contour brush but it's much larger than a small contour brush. The Sonia Kashuk brush also only really requires one quick sweep across my cheeks and I'm done.

Good luck on your search for a great blush brush!

melissabt

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi MonMaria,

I think that the Sephora Collection Pro Angled Blush Brush #49 is a good option. I have the older version and its an overall versatile brush. Its the perfect shape for bronzer and the applies of the cheeks. It's also made with synthetic bristles so it will be easier to clean and also holds the product nicely.

<3 Melissa
quenbee

I have that Bobbi brown blush brush.  I bought it about 6 years ago and it has held up quite nicely, very little to Ono shedding.  I also have the Laura Mercier cheek color brush. They are both very different. the bristles on my BB brush little a little scratchy while the LM brush is very very soft. There are other differences too.  BB handle is much longer than the LM and the BB brush head is a little bigger and fatter.  

sometimes the perfect brush is a matter of preference, and different brush material will interact differently with products (does that make sense?) And you really have to experiment with different Brushes. You should probably go to your local sephora and ask an SA to show you some of the different brushes that are available. And maybe try on your favorite blushes with each of them to see which brush you really like!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • GlamChic
    • melissabt
    • WittyW
    • quenbee
    • MonMaria