KatAlexis

In search of new foundation and powder!

I need something that can last through a long day without being touched up and doesn't make my skin look oily halfway through the day. I almost want something that's a little more full coverage but looks natural and not cakey. I used the Smashbox Photo Finish foundation before and I'm currently using the Naked Foundation. For my powder I use the Make Up Forever Duo Mat Foundation. Idk if I need to look for something else or doing something wrong but half way through the day my skin starts to look so oily that I dab at it with a paper towel and then by then end of the day I feel like I've wiped all my makeup off. Help please!

beautylovingirl

Re: In search of new foundation and powder!

(0) Hearts

MUFE Duo Mat Foundation is actually a foundation so your wearing two foundations on top of each. So I would recommend that you use a mattifying primer along with the foundations recommendations of MermaidBarbie and Laura. Try a loose powder for setting also. Hope this helps!

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

I HIGHLY recommend Illamasqua Skin Based Foundation. Check out their reviews. I just wrote one as well!

Their foundation is so natural, light, yet full coverage and looks like the perfect natural skin we all want. It's totally underrated but definitely worth checking out.

For powder, I use Makeup Forever Duo Mat and/or Pro Finish.

I'm dry to normal and have dry patches but these two products never show cakeyness or dry patches for me. I also use very little and it does its job all day long!

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

i like Dior airfhash foundation beause i live in Florida so my makeup has to be powerful..it stays on all day through heat and crazy high humidity!

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You have got to try the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. It seriously dries to a powder finish and I don't even use powder to set my face, and lo and behold, my combination skin that gets oily in the t-zone area is matte the entire shift I was at work yesterday. The rest of my face looked as if I freshly applied it too. I love this foundation. Give this one a go and you won't look back. This has good coverage and is great under the eyes as well. If you're in a rush, you don't even need to set under eyes either with this! :smileyhappy:

s1340991-main-hero.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=hourglass%20immaculate%20powder%20foundatio...

KatAlexis

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure why it won't let me respond to anyone individually but thank you everyone for your feedback! Lylysa-yes my skin is oily when I wake up. I have a primer but I don't always use it. As for finish I don't want a matte but I don't want shiny either and I would like a little more full coverage as I have remaining acne scars.

laurabt

Hi KatAlexis,

I suggest trying the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15.  It has great coverage and the Amazonian clay helps to keep oily skin balanced and wear longer.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15.jpg

roxystar4

I agree with laurabt - I love the Tarte 12 hr full coverage foundation!

lylysa

Would you classify your skin as being oily to begin with when you wake up? Do you use a foundation primer?

Though the UD Naked Foundation does give a soft, natural finish and is oil free, it's not a mattifying or oil-controlling formula, so it's not going to help address oil that slowly builds up and shows throughout the day.

What type of overall finish and coverage are you wanting as well?

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I use the Laura Mercier moisturizer in Hydrating and the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. It is full coverage, more like a mousse. It stays on all day and it does not feel thick. It sinks into your skin and makes you look flawless all day. I set it with the Tarte Smooth Operator powder, just the loose translucent one. This is my go to foundation routine!

AIixandra

(0) Hearts

My skin used to be normal, but lately it has been more oily. I found that using the Laura Mercier primer as opposed to the smashbox one which to me is just more oily helped a lot. Also Hourglass Liquid Powder Foundation is excellent for my skin. I also like using the MAC Studio Fix Foundation. UD All Nighter also helps, I put it on before I prime and after I finish my face make up. Maybe thats just psychological but I feel that it helps. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4
    • MermaidBarbie
    • beautylovingirl
    • sarinalove
    • JGSFLA