southern27

In search of great anit aging serum or moisturizer one that will absorb

(0) Hearts

In search of great anti aging serum or moisturizer one that will absorb into skin, most have just rolling up and flaked off leaving with me with lost hope, lil effects and empty pockets.  treatments serum or moisturizer cant seem to break thru my skin barrier to deliever benefits  Oh what can I do?

beautylovingirl

Re: In search of great anit aging serum or moisturizer one that will absorb

(0) Hearts

I agree that the Murad Resurgence is an excellent line for you to look at.:smileyhappy:

super312

(0) Hearts

I am in love witht the entire eclos line. It is a 100% natural brand, so no parabens, etc (whatever a paraben is) and it uses apple stem cells. Best of all the products range from $10-20.

I think the cleanser and scrub are especially good with the Fresh brand Seaberry oil, but I haven't tried their creams myself. Another cool thing is that they offer a mask that hydrates your skin. It doesn't lift out impurities to the same degree as a clay based mask, but it does leave your skin very soft and claims that it draws moisture into the skin for over a day. (the mask with the purple packaging)

Bottom line, these products have worked wonders for me, and are wellllll below the typical price for anti-aging serums and creams.

I've never been very into serums, but I can say this one absorbs very quickly. And the whole line has a nice mild natural product smell to it.

Good luck!

kundanancy

(0) Hearts

Ole Henriksen's African Red Tea See The Difference Serum is abolutely the best anti aging serum I have ever used!  I saw an improvement in my skin immediately.

It feels very light (not oily), absorbs completely into the skin and smells heavenly when you put it on.  You can use it alone or follow up with a moisturizer.  I usually use it alone every day under my make up instead of using a moisturizer.

This is definitely worth the money.  A little goes a long way, and the benefits to your skin is amazing. 

XtinaB

(0) Hearts

Murad's anti-aging serum is the best! You'll notice an immediate difference within a weeks use... It's skin tightening, quickly absorbs, and won't flake under makeup! It's part of my daily routine and I use it before moisterizer....Definitely try it out in the store - the Sephora associates can give you a great tester that you can take home before purchasing because it is expensive, but you'll get over a weeks trial in the sample! s647008-main-Lhero.jpg

lylysa

(0) Hearts

To Southern27, please note that the Murad serum does contain alpha hydroxy acids, one of the things that the tretinoin should not be mixed with.

If you are considering trying any product, please go over the ingredient listing and consult your doctor just to be on the safe side to prevent your skin from experiencing any further issues.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@lylysa- I don't see where Southern27 mentioned the use of the trentonin cream.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

It was in a response to my first post here:

"I use Exfoliating Cleasner every day and nite.  Then tretinoin cream 1% which is retinA I use every nite."

beautylovingirl

Ok I'm brain dead today. We attended skin care conferences all day yesterday and I think I have brain over load.:smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

LOL! No worries :smileytongue:

ChicDabbler

I 100% agree with everything lylysal said. I'm of the asian philosophy of babying your skin, exfoliate too much, piling on too much and too many product...you are exposing the tender skin underneath that's not ready to come out yet to all these intense chemicals, and it can be really tough on your skin (and is a waste of product/money).

Also, apply serum/moisturizer AFTER each layer have dried/absorbed or else they can react to each other and do weird things. Apply serum and moisturizer sparingly, rubbing it gently into the face one section at a time (2 cheeks, forehead). You can always build it up on certain spot, but the excess that doesn't absorb is just a waste of money, won't show the effect any quicker, and may block pores. If you are using oil as moisturizer (Argan oil), deposite a couple drops into your palm, rub it together then press onto your cheeck/forehead, use finger to press or gently blend oil to cover everywhere else. The warmth of the hand and pressing will help the oil absorb without disturbing the serum underneath (if the serum is prone to rolling/flaking off).

lylysa

How long have you used each one of the products? And during what time of the day do you apply them?

Most serums that are targeted for anti-aging or have ingredients such as Retinol are better suited for night use as they can make skin light sensitive or be counteracted with exposure to UV rays.

Treatment products can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to show initial results and 8-12 to show full results.

You mention your skin being dry and rough, do you exfoliate? Often times if there is too much build up of dead layers, no product you apply regardless of how well it works or the price point can absorb well and fully into skin, thus causing it to pill, bead up, or leave residue behind.

southern27

(0) Hearts

I use Exfoliating Cleasner every day and nite.  Then tretinoin cream 1% which is retinA I use every nite. I also have a microdermabrasion done approx ea month.  Have started on peels now to get in deeper.  Ea product I have used is a full size and used every bit of it, Plus Lots of Sunscreen  Hate to waste $$ or the product.   Still feel like I have chicken skin and nothing gets thru

lylysa

Does the exfoliating cleanser you use contain physical particles?

If so you may be over exfoliating, causing your skin to overproduce skin cells trying to keep up and compensate for the constant loss of cells that have not have proper time to generate or come to term.

The tretinoin cream that you're using, were you prescribed that and if so, how long ago were you prescribed it? I've looked up side effects that can come along with that treatment and severe dryness is one of them. The percentage that you are using is quite high and that product should not be used along with other products that contain alpha hydroxy acids, glycolic acids, or beta hydroxy acids.

I would recommend you check in with your local dermatologist for a more recent and up to date check up on your skin as what you are currently using may be too strong and then when combined with all the serums and treatments you have tried may have counteracted and made your skin worse with the combination of active ingredients.

southern27

(0) Hearts

LOL what havent I? .1% RetinA, Algenist Reconstr Serum, Caudalie  Clarins Beauty Flash, Peter Thomas Roth Kate Sommerville, Argan Oil, Dr Jart, Murad Perfecting a bunch more.  My skin is very dry, rough in texture, loss in firmness, nothing seems to absorb, just sits on top.  Whenever I smooth in, the product rolls up into lil balls and flakes off or is itcky sicky and tacky.

keelybt

Hi Southern27 Which products have you tried?  How would you describe your skin?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kundanancy
    • super312
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • southern27