cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

In need of at-home treatment for toennail fungus

Hello beauties,

Years ago, during my teen years, I worked as a lifeguard at a swimming pool.  Ever since that experience, unfortunately, I've had an issue with fungus on my toenails (one foot only, oddly enough).  If I knew how contagious this was, I would have walked around with flipflops instead of barefoot.  My podiatrist prescribed an oral antibiotic, but after treatment, the fungus reappeared.  Do any of you know of anything topical that I can apply to help get rid of the fungus once and for all?  I'm a very healthy and clean individual, so I'm frustrated to be dealing with such a nasty thing and would be ever so grateful for any advice/recommendations. 

Thanks so much in advance! 🙂 

Re: In need of at-home treatment for toennail fungus

Many thanks to all of you for responding.  Bless your hearts! 

There's a German green powder you can use.  I think it's called Gehwal.  You mix it with warm water & soak your toes.  It'll caus a bit of a tingle.  I know someone who suffers the same issue & purchases the product from a podiatrist

Honestly, keep at it with the oral antibiotic. I used Terbinafine for 12 weeks(don't remember the dosage tho) I was a pointe ballet dancer and my toenails ended up with white fungus and I tried everything for so long! They would continually crack, be white and gross, fall off, ugh. It's horrible! This really was the only thing that worked once and for all.

You need to get through a full nail growth cycle without fungus and then hopefully it won't catch it again. 

Note though, with the Terbinafine it can effect your liver, so be careful with taking it.

Hope you get it fixed before flip flop season 🙂 

@Daskala78

@Daskala78 I recommend tea tree oil! Worked for me 🙂 Good luck! 

Anonymous Insider

Vicks Vaporub.

Google Vicks Vaporub toe nail fungus, and you'll find a lot of information about it.

It contains camphor, menthol and eucalyptus oil.

I think it's worth a try. @Daskala78

This does work (Vicks vaporub) 🙂

Also coconut oil. You can buy it in liquid form, pour it into a ziplock bag, put your foot into it and let it soak. Put a sock over the ziplock bag and let it soak for 30 minutes. 

Look at your diet and cut out sugar.  There are OTC topical nail treatments that are worth a try, but will likely come back.  Fungus is everywhere, it has more to do with your body's ability to fight it.  Being high in candida will continue this problem, so cut out sugar.

I suffered from eczema for over 27 years. I was prescribed every OTC stuff and tried natural methods. A friend said that I should give a chinese herbal doctor a shot. I went to one who had me drink a tea twice a day. The eczema was completely gone in two weeks. Whenever I feel a flare up coming on, I go back to him and buy two days worth of tea.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing