chelcher

In need of a skin care product!

Hello!! So i am in need of a skin care product. None in particular, just anything to help even out my skin complexion (whether thats a cleanser or a mask, it doesn't matter)! I have rosy cheeks (fairly red all around-probably rosacea) as well as a few blemishes and rough patches. Also, my skin is Combination. It would be great help! thanks :smileyhappy:

NanceyMcMahon

Re: In need of a skin care product!

(0) Hearts

Hi! I was in need of the same thing. I have an allergy that my doctor's have not been able to pinpoint. They put me on a cream that has a steroid in it and told me to be careful with how much I used because they were unsure of the long term damage the steroid could do. I hate using it. Recently, a friend introduced me to NeriumAD. Since beginning it, I have not had to use that steroid cream at all. If you'd like more info on NeriumAD, email me at nmcmahon@troy.edu

ChicDabbler

Howdy!

If you are not using any kind of exfoliator right now, a basic mild one should take care of the rough patches without making you redder. Try Clinique 7 day scrub cream, or Amore Pacific enzyme peel. If you are using one and it's not enough, then I agree with Laurabt's recommendation. If ExfoliKate Intensive is too much/burns on you, then try the Gentle version (which I like much better). For calmer skin First Aid Beauty is a good choice. Ren also have a ClearCalm line worth checking out.

As for the argument about Argan oil, it is safe for facial use but for a more well written/thought out argument about the pros and cons, this thread might be of interest: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Natural-Organic/Dangers-of-Josie-Maran-Argan-Oil-on-Face/td-p/459027

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

I was a disbeliever at first, as as you say skeptical...but my friend with roseaca found a clear mask that you leave on for 20 minutes and them can wash it off or rub it in as a face cream. The result : it WORKS WONDERS ( she doesnt even need to use makeup when she uses it in the morning, its a get up and go type of amazing beauty product. it is called " GOOD GENES " by the company SUNDAY RILEY. IT gets rid of her ROSEACA - very rosey cheeks - Exfoliates, Increases Circulation to give you that woken up, instance VIBRANCE and RADIANCE. After about a week it EVENED OUT all her skin, got rid of the blemishes within 2-3 weeks totally and is as gentle as can be.

As soon as my husband is back for the weekend I will be posting pics ( the one thing I am not quite totally sure how to do on the site.

m3rma1d

swisscheese.jpgactual photo of her stories

mdelrosario91

upload_6369358056649577722.jpg

evno

You can post pictures from your computer/phone by clicking the little icon with a green tree and landscape in the toolbar or by clicking on the "Choose File" button on the right. Hope that helps! 

jaimelove

you can't just "get rid of" rosacea with a product. are you kidding me? you can treat it, you can use products that help calm it, but you can't "get rid" of it. 

STAHP. JUST STAHP. 

kalex

I am going to take away your Caps Lock button.  

chupi

Wait, below you said it was your sister who had the rosacea...

rjamlt

"Have good netiquette. When posting messages, please remember that the people who read them sometimes can’t tell what you meant to say or how you intended to say it. Avoid “screaming” your thoughts in ALL CAPITAL letters. "

chupi

You only gave it one star in your review of it, though.

jojobe

She thinks that by clicking the stars red means you took one away. I don't think she understands how the reviews work. 

jellybean917

Although Sephora no longer carries it, I love Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Facial Cleanser for redness! I have bits of rosacea, but I keep flare-ups almost completely at bay with this cleanser. Normally, I'd take a warm shower, and my face would come out bright red and sort of painful. When I use this cleanser, my skin comes out feeling soothed and even-looking.

I also like the DDG Alpha Beta Peels that Laura recommended. I use those 2-3x a week. They're a great chemical exfoliator, a lot less harsh-feeling than physical exfoliators.

I hope you find something that works for you!

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

****** I do want you to know that 100% ARGAN OIL is a OIL that we used on peoples hair to strengthen it , but we always kept it away from the scalp with cotton rols ( like the rolled cotton they use for hair dye, perms, or any chemical treatment.

If you have ANY degree of sensitive skin, please keep ARGAN AWAY from YOUR FACE - IT WILL BURN and possibly cause you a very unwanted rash. There is a very small percentage of People, not just Woman, who can TOLLERATE the HARSHNESS of any ARGAN OILS...

Just an FYI that I thought that if you did not know , you should!  :smileyhappy:

love2shop42

So, Argan oil will burn your face? 

m3rma1d

And again I say...

OprahSideEye.gif

lyravega

I, too, use 100% pure argan oil on my face all the time! And me and my skin, we absolutely love it! Not that it doesn't burn or irritate my skin in any way - it soothes it when it's irritated for whatever reason! It calms the redness and evens out my skin tone, making my skin look healthy and beautiful! Sure some people might have some kind of sensitivity ( or allergy ) to argan oil, just like it's possible with any other product... but to generalize things like this... it's just wrong.

miabt

@1SultrySCENTNut 

Facial oils, especially the Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil, are actually really great!  You might be referring to the hair oils that have a mixture of other ingredients that are not favorable to use on the face.  If you haven't tried the oils that are specifically formulated for skincare use, I'd highly suggest giving it a shot> http://www.sephora.com/cleansing-oil-face-oil :smileyvery-happy:

xo, Mia

veronika23

I also use 100% pure argan oil and I have sensitive skin. It never burned me.  Sure some people might react to it but anyone can react to any product at any given time.  I don't think there's anything harsh about it!

jojobe

Please stop using capital letters. Thanks for being helpful but it is very rude to shout certain things. You can edit your post if you like with that little arrow at the top right of your post. Thanks

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 153 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • kalex
    • chupi
    • lyravega
    • jojobe
    • ChicDabbler
    • veronika23