gginnnaaa

In need of a good sunscreen!

I'm very fair and tan easily in the summer but now that i'm trying to lighten my hyperpigmentation I need a sunscreen to protect it from getting worse.

My skin is very acne prone, sensitive, and oily. I want a "light" suncreen that I can wear under makeup that...

1. doesn't break me out

2. doesn't make my face more oily than it is.

3  doesn't have a white cast.

I have tried brands like Loreal, Neutrogena, and Shiseido. All felt heavy, oily, and made my skin break out so I thought i'd try out some higher end brands

Could anyone recommend me some good sunscreen. By the way, I don't want  tinted sunscreens or moisturizer with sunscreen.

DTalksAll

Re: In need of a good sunscreen!

I like the PTR powder brush for added SPF during the day. It won't mess up my makeup & is light-weight 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Chalk up another vote for La Roche Posay! They're formulas are so light, yet nourishing you can even use them in place of moisturizer if your skin doesn't necessarily need a lotion and SPF separated, or it can even mix in with whatever lotion you use because their formulas are so thin!

My next votes would be Shiseido and PTR like what Diana mentioned. PTR's sunscreen powders are great to touch up and reapply SPF without runing your make up throughout the day!

viviene23

sunscreen.jpgAnother vote for la roche posay...I have the ultra light matte fluid w/ spf 60. It is fluid so its very easy to apply and light...not sticky or oily. Plus its hard to find a broad spectrum spf higher than 40 that is not greasy as the day goes by and this one definitely delivers.

beautylovingirl

La Roche Posay is a very good brand and recommended alot.:smileyhappy:

lreagan

I asked this same question recently and someone suggested La Roche Posay's sunscreen (you can find it at CVS) and I love it. I have oily, acne-prone skin and it doesn't break me out or make me look greasy. I got the mineral spf 50 and it was somewhere in the $30 range.

HMNewbie

(0) Hearts

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Shield SPF 40.  Very lightweight, sinks in almost instantly.  I wouldn't use anything else.

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15? Although that goes on thick, there's no white cast. And because Murad is a brand known for its acne line, there's no problem using it on acne-prone skin. I usually use it under my foundation powder, and I use acne products in conjunction with this. I hope this helps and good luck!

dianabt

Hi gginnnaaa,

I'd definitely try a mattifying or oil free spf moisturizer. Good for you for wanting to keep your skin protected and protect hyperpigmentation! This is key to repairing the skin and so many people forget to do it.

One of my top favorites is the Peter Thomas Roth Clini-Matte All Day Oil Control with SPF 20. It's sheer, lightweight, oil free and helps to balance the skin without leaving a heavy white cast.

Peter Thomas Roth - Clini-Matte All Day Oil-Control SPF 20

http://www.sephora.com/clini-matte-all-day-oil-control-spf-20-P266203?skuId=1272806

You may even want to try the powder format which is an SPF 30 and designed for Oily Problem skintypes:

Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral Powder SPF 30

http://www.sephora.com/oily-problem-skin-instant-mineral-powder-spf-30-P235909?skuId=1165844

Lastly, check out the Shiseido Urban Environment Oil Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 for Face which leaves your pores smoother, face shine free and actually helps with damage caused to oily skin types with an overproduction of sebum (oil)

Shiseido - Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 For Face

\http://www.sephora.com/urban-environment-oil-free-uv-protector-broad-spectrum-spf-42-for-face-P30740...

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • cherrybombtastic
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl