End0ra

In-flight mini facial kit - any other suggestions?

image.jpgIn a few months I'm going to be doing a very long haul (14 hour) flight. One of the things I'm really looking forward to is settling down in my seat, having a glass of champagne, giving myself a mini-facial and trying stuff from my recent chic week haul to keep my skin nicely hydrated throughout the flight.  I've also got a few simple makeup things so I'll look reasonably decent when I disembark. I think I've got it  all sussed - it's pretty much all foils and samples so I'm traveling pretty light even though I've got lots of stuff.  I'd love to hear any other suggestions though - TSA approved please!

So, in order of usage, I've got:

• Ole Henriksen Vit C Cleansing Wipes
  • When Whenever You Travel gel fiber mask
  • Shiseido Benefiance Eye Mask
  • Dior One Essential Serum (foil)
  • Tarte Maracuja Oil
  • Clarins Extra Firming Night Cream
  • L'Occitane hand cream and lip balm
  • Single use moisturizing eye drops

Then, for freshening up and getting ready to disembark:

• Lavanila deodorant 
  • Amele freshening up wipes
  • Dry shampoo
  • Teeth and mouthwash stuff (not pictured)
  • Ole Henriksen Vit C Brightening Serum (foil)
  • Murad day cream (foil)
  • Smashbox primer
  • Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream
  • Couple basic eye shadows (not pictured)
  • Lancome black eye pencil
  • Chanel mascara
  • YSL Rebel Nudes glossy stains (foil)
mpas

Re: In-flight mini facial kit - any other suggestions?

I just did a 9 hour flight last week.  I used amorepacific vitalizing masque. Its a sleeping mask but not described as one.  My skin feels wonderful the next morning.  I also use it after long nights out on the town.  I spritzed some of the AP skin hydration system the next morning and then applied my makeup in my seat very very carefully. 

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/amorepacific-moisture-bound-vitalizing-masque/3291049?origin=PredictiveS...

http://www.sephora.com/moisture-bound-skin-energy-hydration-delivery-system-P232929?icid2=AmorePacif... _P232929_link

cdiamond

Colgate wisps are amazing for long flights! I keep them on hand for after meals!

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Got 'em!  Best thing on a flight.

krtty1125

(0) Hearts

My only suggestion would be to make sure you aren't going to have a bad reaction to any of the items in your bag in advance, I'm thinking especially of the Ole Henriksen Vit C products as I know they can be pretty harsh for some people with sensitive skin.  I mention this because although my skin isn't particularly sensitive, I decided to use an eye mask for the 1st time before a first date.  What a huge mistake!  It made the skin around my eyes all red & puffy and I really had to work to fix them up on time.  Fortunately I had used the mask several hours before the date so the puffiness went down some.  Other than that, it sounds like you have a great plan... have a great trip!!!!!!!!!

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Excellent point.  I'm fine with the OH Vit C stuff, but there's a couple of things in there that I haven't tested on my skin yet, the gel mask being the main one.  That would really suck if I was stuck on a plane with a terrible skin reaction.

Timeslipper

(0) Hearts

I am so glad you posted this! I have a 25+ hour flight (with one infinitesimal layover) coming up and had just planned on taking my OH wipes and my go-to moisturizer.

...Now, I’m thinking I can put my just-arrived Sephora Favorites Skin Bender kit to good use on that plane!

End0ra

(0) Hearts

25+ hours?!  Where are you going?  That's like flying Australia to Europe with a layover somewhere in Asia!

Timeslipper

(0) Hearts

US to Africa via the UAE-- which is actually a lot more direct than some of the layover options!

The funny thing is, even though I'm going around the world and across the equator, I'll be dealing with very

similar weather conditions to my hometown. (Otherwise known as, "this sunblock really needs to be well over 50 SPF and broad spectrum!") So at least I won't need to tweak my regular skincare and makeup regimen too much for this trip!

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Ah, I know those conditions well.  And I just read your post about the red lipstick. We have a few things in common. :smileyhappy:

Africa!  How exciting!

NurseCupcake

(0) Hearts

I'm flying to Italy in October, I think I'm going to start packing myself a little spa treatment like yours for my flight! Thanks for the idea!

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Oh, yeah. Ya gotta arrive in La Bella Italia looking your best!  Plus, it's a good way to pass the time.

melde

(0) Hearts

I have never been on a flight that long (and that is right up there with the longest non-stop flights which are around 16 hours), but just remember to drink a TON of water and take frequent little walks around the aisles in between watching movies/reading and napping!

End0ra

(0) Hearts

You can bet I'll be doing that.  The last time I flew long haul I got a DVT in my leg, which grew bigger and moved to my lungs. I was in the hospital for a week.  I'll be doing everything I can to avoid that again. Meds, compression socks, water, exercise... you name it, I'll be doing it.

Nicrohr

This is a great idea and a great thread! :smileyvery-happy:

sourpanda

(0) Hearts

Don't forget sunscreen :smileywink:

End0ra

(0) Hearts

That's going in the checked baggage.  For this lot, I'm relying on the SPF factor in the BB cream and moisturiser.  And that fact that between getting off the plane and arriving at the hotel, I'm not going to see a whole lot of sun. :smileywink:

sourpanda

I read somewhere that because you're flying so you'll be closer to the sun and even if you think you can't see any sun there will still be very strong UV rays peeping through. But if your BB cream has SPF then just make sure to reapply a couple of times during the flight and you should be fine.

mberteig

(0) Hearts

It looks like you are pretty well set!  This is a thoughtful idea and I will use it on my next trip.  One thing to consider adding - individual single use ampoules of eye drops.  I really get dried out on a plane and that includes my eyes.

Not necessarily for use on the plane, but great for travel is the beautyblender solid cleanser - you can clean everything with that! 

Happy travels!

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  Got my eye drop ampoules - top center.  Good to know about the beautyblender solid cleanser - I got that in my chic week haul too.  Usually I just use the little shampoos you get in hotels.

AlwaysGlamorous

LOVE this idea!!! You best believe I'm borrowing this for my next unbearably long flight! I usually bring some hand creme and hydration spray but this is a whole other ballgame. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 48 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • mpas
    • hipquest
    • cdiamond
    • melde