cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

If You Love Lipstick As Much As We Do...Help us Name These Shades

Hi BeauyTalkers,

It’s that time again...at Wander Beauty we have a fanatical addiction to innovating when it comes to product development. With each product idea comes a survey of our team with a barrage of questions: Would you use it or not? What does it replace in your makeup bag? Is it a multitasker? Is it an essential? And more... There are many rounds of formula revisions, ingredients sourced from around the globe and countless component designs.

There is a network of Wander Beauties who test and try the formulas and comment on the shades. So, after many brainstorming sessions (read LOTS of Starbucks lattes and Magnolia cupcakes consumed), we finally start the most fun part of the process….naming the shades! So, BeautyTalkers, we were so grateful for your help naming our Exquisite Eye Liquid Shadows, that we are hoping to tap into your expertise again. Next Fall (2017) we will be launching a new lip duo that will hopefully WOW you.

In the meantime, we need your help on naming these two new members to the Wander Beauty family. The ideal name is travel inspired and also describes the color of the shade. Sound off in the comments!

IMG_0134.JPG

Xoxo,

Team Wander

Re: If You Love Lipstick As Much As We Do...Help us Name These Shades

I love @virgo87 's suggestions. Also this is super fun to be included in naming. So many great names in this thread!

Thanks @claudiablue

Thank you so much to everyone to participated! You guys never fail to remind us how creative and amazing the Beauty Talk community is. After lots of deliberation, we have chosen our names. Some are inspired by your suggestions and others are your suggestion. We can't reveal too much yet but will update everyone when these lipsticks get closer to their launch. 

Happy Holidays!

Xo,

Team Wander

Ohhh I'm so curious what was chosen!! How fun 😄 @WanderBeauty

Anonymous Insider

Thanks @WanderBeauty

This was so much fun! Hope you chose Pakistani Purple or Karachi Purple 😃

1. Tuscan Sunset

2. Pakistani Purple

Inspiration Photos:

Spoiler
tuscany-sunset-vineyard-san-gimignano-chase-lindberg.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
5 Famous & Most Beautiful Places in Pakistan.jpg
Purple-aline-casual-andrakha-style-dress.jpg

Anonymous Insider

LOVE the Pakistani Purple! 

Would probably still work if you called one of the colors something like Karachi - I would definitely buy that!!!

1. Berry Currant

2. Mourvedre

I love that you like to include us in helping name products @WanderBeauty. Both are rich colors.

1. Divine Bordeaux

2. Imperial Maroon

1. Red Rock Red

2. Mulberry Street Wine

I purchased a few the the Wander Beauty items during the VIB Rouge sale and was pleasantly pleased by them. Keep up the good work. I am looking foward to Wander Beauty being offered in my local Sephora store so I can get a better look at the various shades offered.

YAY! Glad you liked them 🙂

1 -The Wander Brick Road - Where better to dream of traveling to then The Land of Oz? Wicked Witch free of course. 😉

2- Spanish Sangria - for my Uncle (really just Dad's best friend) who was born & raised in Spain and went back to his family home every year until recently. All of his wonderful stories, it makes me smile. 😊

**Now this Lipstick Lover has a challenge for you Wander Beauty - I've never heard of Magnolia cupcakes. (I'm drooling though!) What color would Magnolia Cupcakes be if it was a lipstick? Is this a case of the name inspiring a lip color instead of a lip color looking for a name? I'd love one named Lipstick Lover too, (personal reasons) maybe a shimmering pale ruby.

Thanks for letting us participate again. 😚

@kssweetheart Magnolia Bakery is known for their cupcakes in New York...there was almost always a line to buy them whenever we walked by! I have two of their books as souvenirs from our trip, and have made a few of the recipes (the apple cake is DH's fav).  I love their icing, it's so fluffy and light! My fav is their red velvet cupcake. 

They also have a food court/stall in the basement of Grand Central Station, I had a giant slab of coconut cake there once...soooo good. 

@k617- Now that you mention the Magnolia Bakery it is very familiar, I've heard about the long lines forming. It must have been like a mini dream come true when you were there. I'm going to call them, but thanks for letting me know they are also in Grand Central, my friends son sometimes takes the train to work so that would be super convenient for him. I think we've even talked about them. Hopefully I can get them somehow. Thanks for the info. I'm glad you liked the coconut cake, thinking that might be your first stop if you get to NYC again.

Oh Man, I am just jonesin' for a cupcake now. Hope you enjoyed your last visit. The City is so much fun. 😊

I have a cookbook by Magnolia lol

2016-11-23 22.30.25.jpg

@TrysBeautyItems- You're killing me here! Those cupcakes look soooo delish! I've got to get them! Thanks for posting the pic and please forgive my drool. 😉

Hi @kssweetheart,

Probably pink! Strawberry frosting with their deliciously moist chocolate cake? We're swooning already! 

If you ever find yourself in New York City, there's a Magnolia's right by Rockefeller Center. (:

xo,

Team Wander

@WanderBeauty - Oh man, you've got me drooling like crazy! 💗 Strawberry pink frosting and Chocolate cake! YUM! 😋 Sadly, I don't get to the City often, it's been ages. Have to figure out a way to get them now. Going to call & ask about deliveries, doubt they do that, but it can't hurt to ask! A friend's son works in NYC, but it might be hard to get them up to me while still fresh - I will definitely try to coordinate it when she comes up North to visit. I must have them, somehow they will be mine! **cue evil laughter and ominous music while rubbing hands together and plotting and scheming** (Like Gollum/Smeagol with 'the precious' ring) They are my new potential 'precious'.

I have 2 of your lipstick duos in my cart, think I'm going with the Pinker of the two, I'm a very fussy pinkaholic, very anxious to try them. Wondered if they're super matte (not big on matte, texture wise and it can make lines on my lips, not flattering. I end up putting gloss on top.) Do they have a creamyness or a slip to them or anything? Thanks for any additional info you can provide.

Will have to post comments about your liners, they went missing but I just found them, have been dying to try them.

Thank you so much for making the lipsticks fragrance free - I 💓 you guys.

Hi @kssweetheart

Our Wanderout Dual Lipsticks are creamy matte and long lasting. It glides onto lips and is very pigmented.

xo,

Team Wander

@kssweetheart,

You found fragrance-free lipsticks! Good for you!  I know that's very important to you!  And just in time to use your coupon from Sephora!  Yay! WanderBeauty!  🙂

testing