luklee13

I would like to spackle my forehead!!

I don't even know how to start this. I need help learning how to fix up my face. I am 40& have been lucky enough to not really need foundation/powder. Even when I did try to wear it, it always seemed to make my skin look worse. All crackly and liney, if that makes sense. I recently tried PRIMER. I like the matte crisp glow but same thing happens if I put anything over it. Is there help for this old dog?

drrragon

Re: I would like to spackle my forehead!!

I wrote my response a couple below yours but duuuuh, how could i forget about BB cream?!  good call!

luklee13

So I guess all the people on TV with their slick crevice free foreheads really are botoxing. I think your understanding of the dry skin dilemma has given me hope. I was hoping someday I could find something other than generic baby powder to use when I get all gussied up.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

hahaha yeah my guess is, if they're on TV, then they're most likely botoxing!

beautylovingirl

Well most probably are but alot of them that have awesome guru MUA that know how to fill in lines just like Keely suggested, she knows what she's doing for sure:smileyhappy:. and just because your 40 doesn't mean anything, I'm 42 and have never had Botox and everyone thinks I'm in my 30's but it's because I take and have always taken good care of my skin and not piling to much makeup on I do minimal makeup and people tell me I look better with out it. Remember on age it's just a number. You can always ask anything and never be ashamed.

beautylovingirl

@drragon- It's okay , you thought of it now that's all that matters, I do that all the time.

luklee13

(0) Hearts

Dry sensitive skin. I am a redhead. I have been faithfully using SPF moisturizer since I was 13.

drrragon

I also have dry sensitive skin.  It's hard for people with dry skin because practically anything we put on our faces will magnify those fine lines, cracks, and dry flakes.  What you'll find is cream foundations probably work better on dry skin than powder or liquid (although weirdly, I do prefer powder sometimes).  My current favorite cream foundation is Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse.  Whatever you choose, try applying it very lightly, in layers.  If you apply too much, it will look really obvious that you have makeup on.  Applying in thin layers lets you build up slowly as needed.  You could try the foundation on bare skin or over a primer.  Underneath all of it you should make sure to moisturize your cleansed skin before applying any foundation or primer.

luklee13

Wow, yes!  That is exactly how Ifelt. As soon as I put it on it was so drastic& obvious. Is it the primer for wrinkles or a combination of it with proper foundation? The thing you said about light layers, I completely get that. I can see why that would work. Extremely helpful.

drrragon

Partly if you're new to foundations, a lot can be improved by practicing your application technique. Now the primer is an extra layer that goes between your skin and the foundation, that is supposed to help soften the look of fine lines and large pores.  Honestly I haven't found much difference myself, but lots of people swear by their primers and it seems for them that applying primer first makes the foundation go on smoother.

Yeah, unfortunately no matter what you use (even the moistest cream foundation) it's hard to hide wrinkles/fine lines.  There are tricks you can do like apply a very small amount of fine silica powder (like Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder) that is supposed to diffuse the light hitting your face and thus makes imperfections less prominent.  But again...it's a subtle effect and won't make wrinkles magically disappear.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

What primer and foundation are you using?

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

What type of skin do you have? Oily, dry, combination?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 30 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • drrragon
    • janinebt
    • ChicDabbler
    • beautylovingirl
    • luklee13