NurseMorbid

I wear light 42 in the Kat Von D foundation.

selfie.jpgThis is a photo with the foundation. I have very pale skin with pinkish undertones. Can anyone recommend a different liquid foundation? 

laurabt

Re: I wear light 42 in the Kat Von D foundation.

Hi NurseMorbid,

Take a look at Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 in Alabaster 00. That might work for you!

:smileyhappy: -Laura

NurseMorbid

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

ladymeag

The discontinuation of Light 42 sent me into a rush of finding a new match which has spawned several threads here on the BT boards, lyravega pointed you to one. I wound up swatching over 50 foundations and then face-testing six. My suggestions are the following, in order:

Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation in 001  - this was a little too pink for me but I lean yellow, so it should work well for you. Overall, this was the best color and texture match I could find for the Kat Von D. http://www.sephora.com/maifanshi-moisture-foundation-P294005

Chantecaille Future Skin in Porcelain - this was also a little too pink for me but was otherwise dead-on. The finish was amazing (a little dewier than Kat Von D but not problematic or sliding on my oily t-zone.) Unfortunately, in addition to being a little pink this one broke me out. Nordstroms counters will give you a sample of this one if you ask, Sephora doesn't carry it. 

MUFE HD in 107 - this is way too pink for me but should work out well for you, if you like the formula. Sephora carries this and you can easily get a sample in most stores SiJCP or freestanding:

http://www.sephora.com/hd-invisible-cover-foundation-P217905

If you add a www before and a dot com after my username, you can find my blog that has a nice pile of swatches - I didn't bother posting swatch photos for anything that was darker than the darkest shown because it seemed silly to have so many. My perfect match has wound up being the Jane Iredale BB in BB1 but I think that's going to be too yellow for you. You can write to them, though, and ask for a sample if you are curious to try it. 

NurseMorbid

Thank you for going to all the trouble of linking this, I am glad I have some choices. 

Alygal90

(0) Hearts

I also wore L42.

Try Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation - they have several options that you might like. I like Fair Beige and Fair Sand.

NurseMorbid

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much!

SirenPrincess

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My favorite for us very fair girls is Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Luminous Foundation in Classic.  It's 1Y01. http://www.sephora.com/the-foundation-perfect-luminous-liquid-foundation-P377165?skuId=1471887

NurseMorbid

Thank you, I will have to try this. :smileyhappy:

lyravega

NurseMorbid

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much!

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

Thanks lyravega! :smileyhappy: 

lyravega

(0) Hearts

:smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • lyravega
    • ladymeag
    • laurabt
    • Alygal90