GraceLW

I need an oil free moisturizer to use at night after my retin A.

I have sensitive, acne prone skin and the ingredients can not interfere with the retin A. This will be used at night, so no spf.  This is seeming like an impossible product to find!

beautylovingirl

Re: I need an oil free moisturizer to use at night after my retin A.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Since your using Retin A I would just get one for moisturization only. Be sure there are no ingredients for anti-aging or any type of acid in them that could cause more irritation. Like the Ole product suggested by Diana.

dianabt

Hi GraceLW, 

I love the suggestion of the Clinique Moisture Surge- it's a lightweight gel and is also gentle and hydrating. 

The Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel is another favorite of mine that absorbs easily onto the skin and won't irritate you or interfere with the Retin A. 

Ole Henriksen - Invigorating Night Gel

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
GraceLW

(0) Hearts

Thank you ladies!!!!! Great options!!!!

carolang

(0) Hearts

Clinique Dramatically Different Gel (not lotion) is a good option over Retin A. If parts of my face feel dry I will add a second coat (its fairly lightweight, but very silky).

If I've particularly dried out my skin from acne products (especially the more normal areas) I absolutely adore the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask (green tube, Sephora only sells the 10 minute version). Its very thick and creamy and smells like mangos. Also good in winter or when you have a cold and flaking skin.

knadala

clq_6LKH_250.jpgClinique moisture surge feels light but is very hydrating, like splashing your face with cool refreshing water. It is not oily or heavy, and absorbs in your skin in 30 seconds.

person11

(0) Hearts

Agreed.  This is my favorite moisturizer.  All moisture, no acne!!

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Neutrogena makes a very light moisturizer, no spf, and water based. It's called oil-free moisturizer, I've only used the sensitive one and no problems - I also have acne prone skin.

• Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Fragrance-freeupload_6549395729123528161.jpg

I've also used Eucerin without any problems. Other ones I've used either have spf or vitiman c which wont be good.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • carolang
    • GraceLW
    • knadala
    • TrysBeautyItems