KatP11

I need a good black eyeliner

I wear a dark, cat eye, line on my lid.  I have used Lancome Artliner for a long time, but it isn't performing the way it used to (maybe because my eyes are getting more wrinkled).  It applies great, but within a few hours it crackles like a dried up river bed.  I have tried the following without success: Marc Jacobs BeautyMagic Marc'er Precision Pen, SEPHORA COLLECTIONPitch Black All-In-1 Waterproof Eye Liner, SEPHORA COLLECTIONLong-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner,

StilaStay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, Kat Von DTattoo Liner, and Loreal infallible liquid eyeliner.

I prefer a liquid that does what it claims: doesn't dry up, smudge, flake or wear off after just a few hours.  I've tried pencils, but can't seem to get a thick, straight line that a prefer.

KatP11

Re: I need a good black eyeliner

(0) Hearts

Thank you, everyone.  I am anxious to try your suggestions!!

mpas

(0) Hearts

I use Illamasqua Precision Ink.  It really stays on and does not flake (unless you rub your eye).  Its extremely heavy duty.  I prefer a liquid myself over other formulas.

Kmolear

(0) Hearts

I've been using Stilla stay all day waterproof liquid eye liner in black for a couple of years now. I have extremely oily skin, but this sucker stays on all day!! I highly recommend it to anyone. 

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

Sure.. I just got my weekly package yesterday and had 3 new ones in it. Just go to the search box on the SEPHORA page and type in Gel Eyeliner Pencil. It will bring up your choices and scroll till you find Sephora's Pencils. There are oodles of colors to choose from and there are more than one shade / color of black.

ladymeag

I did exactly what you suggested - these are the matches for "Gel Eyeliner Pencil" http://www.sephora.com/search/search.jsp?keyword=gel%20eyeliner%20pencil (No Sephora Collection results therein.) 

The matches for gel eyeliner are: http://www.sephora.com/eyeliner?ref=100079&searchTerm=gel%20eyeliner

And pencil eyeliner (which does not have a Sephora collection gel pencil but does have their other liners) http://www.sephora.com/search/search.jsp?keyword=eyeliner%20pencil

Can you give us a product name, SKU number or link so that we can see what you're talking about? 

MGJM

I think she's talking about the Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12 hr Wear Waterproof.  There are 34 different colors to choose from.  When I worked at Sephora, I always recommended them to clients because they are just as good as Urban Decay and half the price, at $10. 

talinder

(0) Hearts

I was thinking that was the one she was talking about and that's what I bought. I've actually never used those pencils, but the description reminded me of UD so I sent it to my daughter as a gift since she needs some essentials right now.

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

The best eyeline that I have used since I started wearing eyeliner in the late 1980's ( yes, I have probly tried every brand that is still in production and ones that are out of production ) is a find I discovered in the fall of 2013.... SEPHORA Brand Gel eye Pencil. I can get it to do all my different styles without any run and it glides so easily you need no pressure at all.  was totally impressed and in awe of the Sephora eyeliners and they are all I buy now ( gel pencils of course ). They have a few different shades of black, so check it out and pick your favorite. they also are very cost efficient so my collection will soon be the biggest I have had since my teenage years. They are easy glide gel,highly pigmented, and are 24 hour waterproof ( thats another reason I love them, I am a "crier" and when my little crying episode is over I do not have halloween eyes...the running streaks that completely destroy all of your make up )

and another good thing, if you do not like them ( even tho I am sure you will ) they are 100% guaranteed returnable. I have sensitive eyes ( as a baby I was born without any tear ducts and had to have them cut immediatly by the doctor as a newborn ) and I have to watch what I use close to my eyes-although I do not have issues with shadow at all.

talinder

(0) Hearts

Do you have a link to the Sephora gel pencil you're talking about? I picked up a liner last night after researching and didn't find a gel in pencil form. Would definitely get one though.

sanadesigns

(0) Hearts

I have so many eyeliners and the best one i can think of is the eyeko skinny eyeliner...its really black and easy to work with.

JulieXOXOXO

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You should try Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner .  Great pigmentation and drys fast :smileywink:

kiml50

(0) Hearts

I love UD pencil eyeliner in Perversion. It's my go to eyeliner always

mdelrosario91

(0) Hearts

There's a Milani liquid eyeliner sold at the drugstore. It's pretty waterproof and pigmented, because when I swatted it on my hands and washed them, the line was still there! Unfortunately for me, I was allergic to something in the product, so I couldn't use it... boo :smileysad: 

This one isn't liquid but it's a cream eyeliner, and also requires the use of an eyeliner brush. It's MUFE Aqua Black. It's very dark and pigmented, but you have to work quickly because it sets fast..and I mean fast. Well, not 5 seconds fast, but you know what I mean. And once it dries, it stays there until you remove it. They weren't kidding when they said it was waterproof.

ilovebears

highly recommend Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black :smileyhappy:  It lasts all day with no flaking or smudging, and is supposed to help your lashes grow!  Just make sure you get the "Ultra Black" color instead of "Black" if you want a dark, true black line.

I've tried the Stila and Kat Von D liners you mentioned above, but neither of them worked as well as Physician's Formula.  To top it of... Physician's Formula is a drugstore brand (ULTA also carries it), and is extremely affordable :smileyvery-happy:

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

Have you tried using gel eyeliner? If you use it with an angled brush, you'll get a perfect cat eye every time. If you want a thicker line, use a fine brush so you can build the thickness slowly. Gel eyeliners are great because you can use them for eyeliner, of course, and to create smokey eyes. Gel liners won't fade throughout the day

Some great gel eyeliners are:

• Essence gel liner
  • MAC Fluidline
  • L'Oreal Infallible gel eyeliner
  • Sonia Kashuk gel eyeliner
  • Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner
ladymeag

(0) Hearts

I was going to suggest exactly this. I'm going to second the MAC Fluidline and Bobbi Brown gel and add Laura Mercier's potted liner to the mix. 

btmod2

Hi KatP11,

I love the Urban Decay's 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. The brush on this eyeliner makes it incredibly easy to apply because the tip is so thin and precise. The color range is incredible and I have had no issues with this eyeliner looking too dry on my eyelid or flaking on me. I suggest giving it a try if you haven't already. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I've had good luck with .mark Get In Line. For $6.95 tough to go wrong. My only complaint is the tiny applicator (not the tip, the area you hold). 

getinline

Thinking about trying out Mac Superslick. next.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • mpas
    • ladymeag
    • talinder
    • KatP11
    • kiml50