michjkim

I need a concealer that absolutely stays put!

(0) Hearts

Hi, I really need a concealer that absolutely stays put, no matter what... Can anyone recommend either a drug store concealer or one from Sephora that STAYS PUT...  Ty for your help...!!  :smileyhappy:

michjkim

Re: I need a concealer that absolutely stays put!

(0) Hearts

Thank you for all your help!  I decided I'm going to look into Amazing Cosmetics and Glamoflauge!!  Ty!!!

lolo01

(0) Hearts

It stays put and is true to color, def give it a try!

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

for me in terms of something that won't budge, i would say MAC prolong wear. i'm guilty of touching my face all the time and it never ever comes off anywhere i've spot concealed. 

LKuhle

I've been thinking of trying Amazing Cosmetics... I got a free sample once but it was way too dark so I wans't really able to test it's effectiveness. I have dry to normal skin so I don't get oily, but have you noticed it darken at all once it's put on or is it pretty true to color?

Spyski

I think it's pretty true to color, it did not oxidize on my skin. I would def. go to Sephora or Ulta and test it out yourself for a perfect match.

lolo01

(0) Hearts

I havent looked since I discovered Amazing Cosmetics Concealer that stuff is great! ( for me anyway)

Spyski

If you have dry-normal skin I would recommend Amazing Cosmetics Concealer. It literally stayed put even after my shower after scrubbing. I wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin though...I'm still trying to find a full coverage "stay-put" concealer for oily skin. 

Here's the link to the on-the-go size if you're interested:

http://www.sephora.com/amazing-concealer-to-go-P208606?skuId=1040294

You only need a teeny tiny amount because it is very pigmented. Don't let the size of the packaging fool you!

LKuhle

(0) Hearts

I haven't had much luck with MUFE in terms of staying power around my nose for my redness or for blemishes. After an hour or two, the things I was trying to cover were showing through again. I've found that cream concealors work better for me personally... I'm really liking Yaby's but I don't know if that's helpful because Sephora doesn't sell it, haha.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

I agree with Kissenmakeup Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer is a great choice! It's long-lasting, waterproof and will cover everything!

swfupload_7390538497519619472.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/full-cover-concealer-P151107?skuId=1247204

emmaclaire

What level of coverage are you looking for?  That might seem like a stupid question, but there are some absolutely gorgeous and wonderful concealers that work perfectly for those who only have light blemishes/under eye circles (medium coverage concealers) - which won't help if you're looking for a hardcore absolutely FULL coverage product!

If you want full coverage, I have heard good things about the Kat von D and Tarte concealers.  I believe they are both waterproof and very long lasting.  I had decent success with Make Up For Ever Full Cover, but I found it to be medium coverage rather than full and there wasn't a perfect shade match for me.  

I've also read very good reviews for Hard Candy's Glamoflauge. It's very inexpensive (available at Walmart of all places), full coverage, and waterproof as well.  I haven't tried it, but if you don't mind spending $9 to experiment it might be worth a shot!

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Ugh! Every time I make my weekly trip to Walmart they're always out of my shade for the Glamoflauge, so I broke down and bought the Amazing Cosmetics concealer (on the go size). I have this weird halo mole on my stomach, so I applied the AC concealer to it in the morning, went to work, got home took a shower, literally had to scrub my stomach to get that concealer off AND there's still hints of it around the area I applied it. My torso is a relatively dry region though. I tried the concealer on my face for a blemish and it didn't stay as long, maybe about 6 hours at best since my face is combo/oily. It's def. not worth 40 bucks though...

emmaclaire

I HATED Amazing Cosmetics concealer!  Ugh!  It was just atrocious on me - oiled up so quickly, yet caused horrid flaky patches everywhere I put it.  I was so excited because it really was light enough, but I'd rather have a big red blemish than turn into a flaking greaseball.

Blech.  Anyway, if you want me to look for your shade next time I'm at Walmart, let me know!  I never know what's going to be in stock there lol but I can take a peek!

kissenmakeup

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Try the Make-up Forever Full Cover, great for any type of flaws.

For undereye, I like the Nars Radiant Concealer.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • emmaclaire
    • michjkim
    • latinadiva
    • lolo01
    • Spyski