TeemaB

I have the pink beauty blender. Is the black one any better or different?

I wanted to purchase another beauty blender but they come in so many colors now..white, black, purple. I saw a high rating for the black one. Is it really any better than the orginal pink one? Thoughts :smileyhappy:

btmod2

Re: I have the pink beauty blender. Is the black one any better or different?

Hi TeemaB,

There is no real difference between any of the colors of the Beauty Blenders in terms of how well they work. I think the black looks nice if you're doing makeup professionally, though. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

Best,
Ty
TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Thanks for answering! I totally agree. Black is a universal professional makeup artist tool. Haha I'm no proffessional mu artist so I guess any color will work! Thanks again for reassuring what the others said is true. 

AKRinNY

(0) Hearts

Plus it wont show stains. Even though tools are clean and sanitized, you don't really want to be reminded that it has been used already on someone else's makeup.

AKRinNY

(0) Hearts

Hmm this was supposed to be a response to the thread below about the black being professional and about whether it was "better" or anything

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

True! I saw a youtube video on the black BB and the beauty guru said it was more better than the pink so I started wondering why. 

kalex

The only reason I won't buy the black is because occasionally the pink one will start to get black moldy spots on it before it starts to tear and I realize it needs to be tossed.  Obviously, you would not be able to see this on the black one.  Eww.

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Oh wow mold! I havent had that happen to my pink one yet! I hope it doesnt go bad soon.

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

The purple is just the pink, but in the color of the year. White is for sensitive since it's dye-free and black is the professional version of the pink. They did have a set with a 3 colors, white, pink, black.

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Since black is the proffesional version does it mean it does a better job at applying makeup?

TrysBeautyItems

From beautyblender's website:

beautyblender® Pro. The same beautyblender product in black. The universal color of professional makeup artists around the world. Stain proof and perfect for men, self tanners and bronzers.

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Ohh ok. Thanks!

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I think it's black so it matches with every other tool that makeup artists have. Generally, I always see makeup artist with black/silver tools; never bright, vibrant colors. 

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Thats a good reasoning! I never thought of that! 

Manda

(0) Hearts

That's because black, grays, and whites are considered "professional" in the beauty world. It also draws your attempt to something more colorful, such as a clients face or hair. Why do you think a lot of stylists wear black - doesn't draw attention on hem.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • kalex
    • Manda
    • TeemaB
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • AKRinNY