Tessa79

I am using the Estee Lauder Doublewear and I would love trying a foundation

I am using the Estee Lauder Doublewear Fresco 2c3 and I would love trying a foundation in another brand, I love the long wear and the semi-matte finish. I wouldn't mind the new foundation being a little more lightweight as long as it's still long wear and build-able .Please help  

nikki

Re: I am using the Estee Lauder Doublewear and I would love trying a foundation

(0) Hearts

Not a Sephora brand, but I love MAC's Studio Fix Foundation. Long lasting and transfer proof!

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

@Tessa79

I asked about primers since I can't wear one primer for all foundations. 

I have combo dry-oily mature skin. I need a med-full coverage foundation which can really be drying. Here's a tip on what I do to the dry areas (Everywhere Except T-zone).

Have you ever tried MAC Fix+? MAC recently changed the name to "Prep + Prime Fix+" but the formula is still the same. I use a clean dry medium size fluffy rounded brush. A blush brush works well.  I hold the brush about  12 in/30 cm from the MAC Fix+ spritz twice. I then tap/stipple the liquid onto my face. I only tap the area in a stippling motion once per area so I don't disturb any make-up. It doesn't change the color of the foundation, however if the foundation is super matte, it appears less matte until Fix+ absorbs flawlessly into foundation. If you apply a finishing or setting powder on top of your foundation, apply Fix+ as the final step of your make-up. If you want more moisture to specific areas, allow time to dry, repeat the process, layering the solution. It doesn't look or feel oily.  

Tessa79

(0) Hearts

No I haven't tried the fix + is it anything like the urban decay and skindinavia spray? I use that almost every day (unless I forget)

beauty4ashes

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@Tessa79

What sprays from Urban Decay & Skindinavia? I don't think those are the same as MAC Fix+

MAC Fix+ (aka "Prep + Prime Fix+") isn't a setting spray, it provides lightweight hydration

I use it to replace moisture that my a drying medium- full coverage foundations take away.

You know how sometimes no matter how well your face is prepped before a applying a drying long wear foundation it can 'find' those specific dry patch problem areas after the make-up settles? It can happen right away or evn a couple hours later. MAC Fix+ prevents that from happening. That's what I love about the spray.

I use it very sparingly on top of my finished make-up with a fluffy brush.

I never spray it directly onto my face from the bottle.

I also use it to correct an over powdered look that can't be swept away.

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

Okay, suggestions, based on my and my daughters experience ...

Have you tried Armani's Maestro, as this is really lightweight, and can be built for decent coverage. It has decent longevity, but not as good as Double Wear in my experience; it is however wonderful for any oily skin patches.

Armani Luminous Silk does have really good longevity (lasted me through a 15 hour flight from India to US without caking or creasing). One of my daughter's who has regular acne breakouts, an oily T-zone but otherwise dry skin absolutely loves it.

I'm also hearing great things about the Perricone No Foundation Foundation being a great choice for people looking for a buildable lightweight product with a semi-matte finish, and have just purchased it for one of my daughter's in consequence.

YSL's new Fusion Ink Foundation is lightweight and I am reliably informed it has fabulous longevity (I've only been wearing it for 8 hours today so far, so can't tell if it will last another 5!). YSL's Touche Eclat Foundation is gorgeous, but you may not feel it lasts long enough (it tends not to aggravate acne breakouts though, and is super moisturising and glow-giving, although it looks semi-matte).

The new Tom Ford Foundation is supposed to last 24 hours, but I've yet to test it. It has a semi-matte finish.

Tessa79

(0) Hearts

I'd love to try the perricone one but I am afraid the shade won't match...And that I will need the bronzer to add in and that will be very expensive..

RandeeBT

Hi Tessa79,

I recommend trying Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15. This foundation has wonderful coverage but it never feels heavy on my skin. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
Tessa79

Fab I will try this one, saving up for a big sephora shipping to Norway ♥

ballerinagrl

I'm interested in this for one of my daughters. Can Tarte be shipped to UK from Sephora?

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi ballerinagrl, 

Tarte is not restricted from shipment to the UK. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
lecia1167

(0) Hearts

Definitely try Lancome Teinte Idole 24h. I was an Estee Lauder Double Wear person, too, and wanted something lighter. This foundation is way lighter and still provides full coverage.

http://www.sephora.com/teint-idole-ultra-24h-P308201?skuId=1397884

Tessa79

(0) Hearts

This don't ship to Norway :smileysad: And the colour range here in Norway isn't as large as the one on Sephora so my colour match isn't her, I saw a review on youtube and it looks amazing! 

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Maybe a department store will ship it, for some items they actually have the full color range, Sephora doesn't always have all the colors.

Have you tried Teint Idole silky matte as that is already in Norway, but not here.

beauty4ashes

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@Tessa79

TrysBeautyItems asked if you tried the lighter DW & LANCÔME Teint Idole Ultra 24H.

I'm not sure if your answer means you tried both foundations or just the lighter weight ELDW.

So, you tried  LANCÔME Teint Idole Ultra 24H & it didn't stay on either?

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Have you tried the light version of DW?

Similar is Lancome Tient Idole Ultra 24hr - coloriq shows your shade as 230 buff w

Tessa79

(0) Hearts

yes and it's ok if I'm only going out for a couple of hours but it won't stay on my skin for a workday,my skin is acne-prone a bit oily but can have dry parts in winter or after a acne beakout 

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

A primer may help, if you haven't tried that already.

Tessa79

(0) Hearts

I always use a primer

beauty4ashes

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@Tessa79

What primer are you using with the foundation(s) that aren't staying on your skin?

Tessa79

(0) Hearts

I have several primers,tried a new one today with my doublewear light and it has stayed much much better on my skin but my skin feels so dry.. I think I have tried it with both mac and porefessional before 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • nikki
    • lecia1167
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • beauty4ashes
    • RandeeBT
    • ballerinagrl