I am in my mid thirties and have combination to very oily skin in t-zone.

(0) Hearts

I am in my mid thirties and have combination to very oily skin in t-zone. I have tried a multitude of skincare products to fight off adult acne and keep me matte. Does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions? Products I have tried include: Proactive, Murad, Neutrogena, Mary Kay, Strivectin, Philosophy, Clinique,Cetaphil, Glymed, and most recently I'm trying Erno Laszlo double cleanse Detoxifying oil and Sea Mud bar. I use clinique moisture gel and Erno Laszlo daytime moisturizer.  Im still using the proactive toner, I just do not know what to try in place of it. 

Re: I am in my mid thirties and have combination to very oily skin in t-zone.

(0) Hearts

Hi @sshrewby,

I have oily combination skin, and the struggle is seriously real sometimes! What I've noticed is that when I cleanse in the morning with an oil cleanser, my face doesn't get as oily during the day. I'm currently using Tatcha's Camelia Cleansing Oil. 

I'm not sure if you wear foundation during the day, but if you aren't, I definitely think you should check out Boscia's Porefecting White Charcoal Mattifying Treatment Primer. This seriously eats up any excess sebum on the surface of my skin without drying it out. I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers!
Nikko
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation