How to stop my eyeliner smudging?

(0) Hearts

SO I've always had this problem. I've gotten the Nars smudge proof eyeshadow primer which helps my eyeshadows like no other,  and I got the black Sephora eyeliner brand. And it smudges a lot. Even if I have the nars stuff under my eyes. and if I tightline my top waterline, it falls to the bottom. I've also tried setting it with black eyeshadow. What do I do to stop this? This also happens on my top eyelash line. It's so annoying. 

Please help! THanks :smileyhappy:

(I've also tried with the waterproof sephora line eyeliner

Re: How to stop my eyeliner smudging?

Hi Eliza94,

Smudgy eyeliner drives me nuts!  I would suggest trying the Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Liner for tight lining and your waterline.  keep setting it with a black shadow, as you have been, to ensure staying power :smileyhappy: Also, make sure you are giving the liner some time to set & dry by keeping your eyes open as long as possible to avoid transfer to your lower lash line .

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Aqua Eyes

http://bit.ly/J1rMT0

I would try outlining the lower eyeliner with concealer, to create a barrier to stop the liner from moving :smileywink:  Hope that helps!

xo, Mia

Re: How to stop my eyeliner smudging?

(0) Hearts

I have oily lids and that has always been one of my issues as well. I've tried tons of liquid liners; sephora, lancome, urban decay, stila stay all day, and now MUFE aqua liner, and finally I've found my way out! 

1-I use UD matte eye lid primer, just a tiny dot on each lid will do and then rub it in. don't dab too much as it will make your lids look really pale

2-Apply your eyeshadow makeup as you like 

3-This step is optional, I like to use smashbox limitless eyeliner in FIG for layering

4-HERE is the magic---> gel liner before liquid liner. I've started doing so and my eyes doesn't look like a raccoon anymore. goodluck !

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation