eliza94

How to stop my eyeliner smudging?

(0) Hearts

SO I've always had this problem. I've gotten the Nars smudge proof eyeshadow primer which helps my eyeshadows like no other,  and I got the black Sephora eyeliner brand. And it smudges a lot. Even if I have the nars stuff under my eyes. and if I tightline my top waterline, it falls to the bottom. I've also tried setting it with black eyeshadow. What do I do to stop this? This also happens on my top eyelash line. It's so annoying. 

Please help! THanks :smileyhappy:

(I've also tried with the waterproof sephora line eyeliner

miabt

Re: How to stop my eyeliner smudging?

Hi Eliza94,

Smudgy eyeliner drives me nuts!  I would suggest trying the Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Liner for tight lining and your waterline.  keep setting it with a black shadow, as you have been, to ensure staying power :smileyhappy: Also, make sure you are giving the liner some time to set & dry by keeping your eyes open as long as possible to avoid transfer to your lower lash line .

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Aqua Eyes

http://bit.ly/J1rMT0

I would try outlining the lower eyeliner with concealer, to create a barrier to stop the liner from moving :smileywink:  Hope that helps!

xo, Mia

sty7es

Re: How to stop my eyeliner smudging?

(0) Hearts

I have oily lids and that has always been one of my issues as well. I've tried tons of liquid liners; sephora, lancome, urban decay, stila stay all day, and now MUFE aqua liner, and finally I've found my way out! 

1-I use UD matte eye lid primer, just a tiny dot on each lid will do and then rub it in. don't dab too much as it will make your lids look really pale

2-Apply your eyeshadow makeup as you like 

3-This step is optional, I like to use smashbox limitless eyeliner in FIG for layering

4-HERE is the magic---> gel liner before liquid liner. I've started doing so and my eyes doesn't look like a raccoon anymore. goodluck !

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • eliza94
    • miabt
    • sty7es