eirini

How to apply Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free

(0) Hearts

I just bought the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free and am not sure how to apply it. I've read that you should use your fingers and blend it in well, use the Hourglass foundation brush, etc etc. I've ready so many different things I'm confused on how to apply it. I first wet my beauty blender and then applied it, but that didn't workout well because it is a powder foundation. So, should I spend the money and buy the Hourglass brush? Or, is there another method? Thanks!

stephyd216

Re: How to apply Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free

(0) Hearts

I use a Sigma F80 brush, but for me I definitely had to stipple it on rather than buff, or my pores looked big!

minnie07

Re: How to apply Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free

(0) Hearts

I have had a lot of success using the Sephora Collection Pro Airbrush! Good luck :smileyhappy:

jessyiniowa

(0) Hearts

I use Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I stipple it on one area (say, half my forehead), then buff it in before it dries. Seems to work well!

kariyava

(0) Hearts

I use Real Technique's foundation brush and it works well with the immaculate!

klbandy

(0) Hearts

From what I head from an Hourglass rep, she said this foundation was supposed to be applied with a big fluffy brush. I use this method and its perfect!

TribouRJ

(0) Hearts

I've been using this foundation for several months and I love it!  If I want a full coverage, flawless face, I use an angled flat top kabuki brush (the one from Bare Minerals).  If I want a lighter coverage, then I use my clean fingertips.  It is a lovely foundation, just takes some time to figure out the best way to apply it!

amberulmer

Hi Eirini,

I had an issue with applying it with a brush actually. It made my pores larger looking. I tried with a slightly damp beauty blender working very fast & the application is PERFECT! Minimized my pores & a much more natural light skin like finish. With a brush, on my skin, it looked to dry & flat & matte. With a BB it seems to almost sheer it out a bit & give it a more skin like finish. I just dotted it on my face in sections. So I dotted some on my right cheek & bounced it into my skin, then dotted more on the left & bounced it in, & worked like that all over. Give that a try. :smileyhappy:

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Eirini,

You could also try the Sephora Collection Pro Airbrush #56 which is similar and retails for $32USD

pro brush.jpg

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Yes you can buy a cheaper brush I bought the hourglass brush and don't even use it. MAC has some really great brushes. Just a good buffing brush will be fine.:smileyhappy:

melissabt

Hi Eirini,

I think each person will have a different response to this question! The Retractable Foundation Brush is nice because, it is made with really soft synthetic fibers that apply the foundation evenly. I find that using fingers makes the foundation go on a bit more sheer. Try both to see which finish you like the best.

Hourglass - Retractable Foundation Brush

http://www.sephora.com/retractable-foundation-brush-P231040

<3 Melissa
eirini

If I wanted to get a similar cheaper brush, would this be considered a buffing brush? Thanks!

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Apply it with your fingers and blend until it feels pretty well blended and then take a clean foundation brush and buff it in to your skin until it is all blended and looks right. Also I'm sure that this dries really fast so blend one area at a time. Hopet his helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • stephyd216
    • melissabt
    • eirini
    • jessyiniowa
    • klbandy
    • minnie07