mpolansky

How do you take your makeup off?

I have tried so many different kinds of wipes to remove my makeup. Makeup-removing lotions and liquids as well, and I just haven't found one I love. Most get the job done but still I want one thats my "go to". I continuously try new ones out and am not satisfied so I thought I better ask the pros. So what's your favorite way to take your makeup off?

melissabt

Re: How do you take your makeup off?

(0) Hearts

Hi Mpolansky-

I used the Josie Maran Oil for my eyes and face.

josie cleansing.jpg

and then the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

fresh soy.jpg

<3 Melissa
ellevee09

(0) Hearts

Philosophy wipes and/ or sephora cleansing water. :smileyhappy: sometimes I use the RoC Daily resurfacing disks also. :smileyhappy: 

sulfate

(0) Hearts

Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water takes off everything and leaves no residue.  No rinsing needed.  

I'm currently using John Masters Rose Foaming Face Wash in the shower and love it.  

Ramieee

(0) Hearts

I have oily acne prone sensitive problematic skin (whew!) and my current regimen is shiseido cleansing oil. I've tried a couple others such as Bobbi brown and laura mercier but this is my fav so far. Afterwards I use a foam cleanser fRom clean and clear during the warmer months and a milky cleanser during the winter time. 

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

I may have to switch to a better cleansing oil. I just love the ease of makeup wipes but if they're not working then maybe I should try that. I have the Laura Mercier one and I'm not blown away either. Thanks for the help!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Either Clinique's Take the Day Off Makeup Remover (on my eyes only) or Sephora's Cleansing Water (same area).  (Note: I ADORE the pump that Sephora's Water comes in, but I like the way Clinique's product makes the makeup melt off, so I'm torn!). Then, I use Clinique's Mild Liquid Soap to wash away face makeup and remove the remnants of my eye makeup with good, warm water and a terry cloth washcloth.

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Once you run out of the Sephora one (only if its not super complicated!) you should put the Clinique cleanser in there. No idea what the containers look like so don't even know if its possible but hey worth a try if you love them so much! 

Thanks for the advice!

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

I use a cleansing oil from Aloette to remove stubborn mascara, makeup and lip color. Then I use a mild cleanser (also Aloette) to remove any makeup and oil residue.  I have oily skin and was very hesitant to use oil on my face but it really dissolves the makeup and waterproof mascara without drying and scrubbing.  Sephora carries a cleansing oil, which I haven't tried, but might be worth sampling.  I haven't found anything that completely removes makeup without washing afterwards. 

Fabz

(0) Hearts

I bring it back old school and use Neutrogena face wipes. Ohhhh yeah...

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Are they oily? I tried the Aveeno ultra-calming wipes and YUCK my face feels like a nasty mess. I'm ok with using oil cleansers and oil products on my face, that's not the issue, but the residue it leaves behind seriously feels disgusting. I've had issues with wipes stinging/burning or just leaving a gross oily residue. So I'm guessing if you've been using these they must not do that!

janinebt

Hi mpolansky,

I personally prefer using the Sephora Collection makeup wipes and Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser.

swfupload_4947479175425723170.jpg

swfupload_6912158514628733783.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I have a face wash I'm happy with but those wipes definitely interest me! I think I'll have to try these and ones mentioned by others below. Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Manda

I personally love Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes (even though it is the only product I actually like of hers).  Doesn't irritate my skin nor dry it out plus, it takes off the makeup!

mpolansky

Thank you! I personally prefer the ease of wipes so if I can find ones that work thats what I ultimately am looking for. I'll have to try these out. Thanks Manda :smileyhappy:

Manda

(0) Hearts

I have pretty sensitive skin so if it doesn't irritate it or dry it out, it is a keeper!

lolo01

Have you tried the Sephora Collection Triple Action Cleansing Water? I've recommended to several individuals and they really liked it!  Not only that but its a reasonable price :smileyhappy:sep wat.jpg

(Photo courtesy of Sephora.com)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • Manda
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • sulfate