Answer
lalalaura3
How do I apply under eye concealer without it looking cakey?

I've always had an issue with my under eye concealer looking cakey. I don't know if my technique is completely wrong, or what. I normally mosturizer my entire face, apply an eye cream and then when applying my primer over my whole face with a clean foundation brush I make sure to add some underneath my eye. I then apply my vincent longo concealer with my finger, and it always creases and looks cakey. It happens with every other concealer ive tried as well.I'm really frustrated with this because even with the concealer the vein and shadows I need to conceal are still visible. I'll try to explain what I mean by cakey, as its probably different for everyone. For me the very few lines I have under my eyes are accentuated, and then I have what looks to be patches of concealer that attaches to any dry skin I have.

I'm frustrated with this and would love advice from professionals. Its' essentially the only part of my makeup routine that needs perfecting. So I'm hoping some of you could give a detailed dresciption on how to conceal under eyes without having that cakey look.

You may suggest products that wouldnt be heavy and also do the job of concealing my blue vein. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
BenefitGirl36
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would rub your concealer in your fingertips to warm it up before you put it on so that it goes on smoother. You could also put on a spritz of water underneath your eye before you apply the concealer. I really hope this helps you :smileyhappy:

tenngal
Answered

Hi, lalalaura3.  The secret to properly applying concealer is to find the right shade and then blend it in so it looks flawless, not obvious. Concealer looks most natural when you work in "sheer layers” and build it up gradually.  To properly apply concealer, apply a few small dots of concealer under your eyes, then use the pad of your ring finger to tap it in (always tap, never rub).  If you tend to have dry skin under your eye area, then be sure to use a good undereye moisturizer before applying your concealer so that it will blend better and not look flaky or cakey.  Apply concealer on other uneven spots on your face—including the chin and around the nose and mouth if need be—and tap in.  If you’ve applied the concealer before your foundation, then dust fine, loose powder over your face to set your makeup.  If you have applied your concealer first, then go ahead and apply your foundation before applying the setting powder.

For concealing underneath the eye area, I would definitely recommend trying Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer which is a full-coverage, natural-looking concealer that’s ideal for any kind of imperfection, including dark circles.  The highly pigmented, super-soft and soothing, waterproof formula blends seamlessly into your skin, giving you a flawless finish to your complexion that looks and feels natural.  The Amazing Concealer is formulated to erase all skin imperfections:  dark circles, broken capillaries, sun damage, blemishes, redness and more.  Unlike traditional concealers, the Amazing Concealer is so concentrated that you only need to use tiny pin-dot amounts of product to create flawless coverage.  And it does not settle into fine lines when used around the eye area.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P59405&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

love4makeup76
Answered
[ Edited ]

STOP CONCEALER FROM CREASING ALL DAY!

This concealer setting technique really works! I struggled with creasing concealer for years (super annoying! :smileyhappy: and was elated when I found something that worked for me! It might work for others as well! :smileyhappy:

tiffanybt
Answered

Hi lalalaura3. There could be many reasons why your concealer is creasing under the eye area, either from application technique or even preparation before the concealer is applied.  With any makeup application it's best to prep the eye area before you apply any concealer, liner and/or eyeshadow.  I recommend applying a hydrating eye cream and waiting about 1-2 minutes so it absorbs completely into your skin.

TO CONCEAL:

1. Place a small amount of your concealer on the back of your hand and warm the product so it becomes emollient and easy to apply. (Be careful not to tug or pull your skin under the eye area when applying)

2. Next, use a concealer brush to apply the concealer to the under eye area and set with a translucent setting powder such as the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder for a long lasting and crease-free finish. 

If you find that these steps still don't help with your current concealer creasing, check out these concealers that are more emollient and also waterproof:

Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer

This concealer is not only emollient and easy to apply for drier under eye areas, but it is also waterproof and highly pigmented so it covers your veins without looking too cakey and dry.

AC.jpg

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer

tarte.jpg

I hope this answers your question! :smileywink:

Cheers,

Tiffany

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • lalalaura3