Answer
lalalaura3
How do I apply under eye concealer without it looking cakey?

I've always had an issue with my under eye concealer looking cakey. I don't know if my technique is completely wrong, or what. I normally mosturizer my entire face, apply an eye cream and then when applying my primer over my whole face with a clean foundation brush I make sure to add some underneath my eye. I then apply my vincent longo concealer with my finger, and it always creases and looks cakey. It happens with every other concealer ive tried as well.I'm really frustrated with this because even with the concealer the vein and shadows I need to conceal are still visible. I'll try to explain what I mean by cakey, as its probably different for everyone. For me the very few lines I have under my eyes are accentuated, and then I have what looks to be patches of concealer that attaches to any dry skin I have.

I'm frustrated with this and would love advice from professionals. Its' essentially the only part of my makeup routine that needs perfecting. So I'm hoping some of you could give a detailed dresciption on how to conceal under eyes without having that cakey look.

You may suggest products that wouldnt be heavy and also do the job of concealing my blue vein. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
love4makeup76
Answered
[ Edited ]

STOP CONCEALER FROM CREASING ALL DAY!

This concealer setting technique really works! I struggled with creasing concealer for years (super annoying! :smileyhappy: and was elated when I found something that worked for me! It might work for others as well! :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • lalalaura3
    • tiffanybt
    • love4makeup76
    • BenefitGirl36
Photos2
  • AC.jpg
  • tarte.jpg