Kalli5897

How come my skin can never look good? EVEN with foundation and all that stuff..ugh

(0) Hearts

I want that whole matte clear smooth face look..I can never ever seem to get it. I dont have horrible skin, i have acne scars but that is about it. Every single time i put on foundation or tinted moisturizer or concealer or just powder my face looks either oily, or blotchy, or dry and flaky or feels heavy or it doesnt cover anything up! 

thetRuth

Re: How come my skin can never look good? EVEN with foundation and all that stuff..ugh

(0) Hearts

remember to conceal any dark spots. dont forget the side of your nose and around your lip , discoloration happens there too, no one mentions it too much though,

emmaclaire

Re: How come my skin can never look good? EVEN with foundation and all that stuff..ugh

I'm sorry you're so frustrated!  I have a couple of suggestions.

1) First and most importantly, I can promise you that you're being incredibly harsh on yourself.  I'm not trying to sound like a hippie weirdo or something, but accepting yourself and your flaws is the most important part to feeling confident and beautiful.  And that makes a physical difference too!  People pick up on self confidence, it's the best way to get people to forget about blemishes or an oily face.

2) Ok, so confidence aside, start with a skincare regimen that will make a difference!  It can take a long, long, long LONG time to find the perfect product/combination of products for YOUR skin.  Don't give up!  If you naturally have nice skin, you're definitely ahead of the game.  Having a good blank canvas will produce the best final results.  Remember to moisturize liberally and at least twice EVERY DAY.

3) Primer!  Find a good smoothing primer to get a perfect base level for your foundation/face makeup to apply perfectly and evenly.

4)  The application method you're using might not be the best for the products you're using or the look you want.  I have used my fingers, brushes, and sponges, and didn't feel like I was getting a perfectly even application.  When I bought the BeautyBlender I could definitely see a difference!  Some people swear by brushes, so try a few different methods and see what works best for you.  I do strongly recommend giving the BeautyBlender a try!

5)  The best way to achieve a perfect skin look is to use the lowest amount of coverage you can (for some people, this will still involve a full coverage foundation and that's ok!) and then spot conceal any problem areas.  If you have a few small problem areas but great skin otherwise, use a light-medium coverage foundation and some great concealer where needed.  Basically, you want to use as little product as you can so you don't have to worry about caking or flaking or clumping or any of that jazz.

6)  BLEND BLEND BLEND.  I know you know how to blend.  I can tell you've been doing your makeup carefully and thoughtfully.  I'm telling you to blend it all EVEN MORE.

Those are all general pieces of advice, but I'd be happy to talk to you about specific products or tips if you're interested.  In order to do that, it would be really helpful to know a) what your complexion is like (light, fair, medium, tan, deep, etc.), b) what products you're currently using, and c) what your current skincare regime includes and what skin concerns you have (dryness, combination, oily, etc.)

connieconcon

This is a really great, comprehensive response!! 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  I hope it helps someone, and while I'm not perfect, I'm happy to talk about specific products if that would be of interest to anyone!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Also try looking at something like Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha/beta daily face peel. It will exfoliate and also help to remove the acne scars also try using a mositurizer for combination skin and then a primer like Two faced primed and poreless something that will help control oil but also hydrate in the spots needed and then try a foundation like the one Mia suggested. Dior Foundations are great you really can't go wrong with them. Hope this helps!

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Kalli5897,

What foundation(s) are you using?  I would suggest trying a mask to heal & exfoliate your skin, which might give you a smoother canvas for your foundation :smileyhappy:  I recently picked up the GLAMGLOW Super Mud Clearing Treatment and i LOVE it!!  I see it slowly healing old acne scars and it has minimized my breakouts too!

http://bit.ly/10lEIcv

For foundation, its hard to tell what you need exactly. You may want to try the Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup.  The finish is more natural, which will work better than a matte finish with your dry spots.  I would stay away from powders for that reason.  

Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup

http://bit.ly/I9ZaVa

If you are concerned about your skin becoming too oily, you can set the foundation with a powder, such as the Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder to set/soak up any excess oils.

Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

http://bit.ly/14BBwlz

Hope that helps :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • emmaclaire