Songtress

How can i give my face some life for daytime and not look overdone? (I'm 19 yo.)

I have pale yellow skin, blue eyes and light, golden brown (dark blonde?) hair. If lip colors are too bright they overwhelm my face, but if they are too soft I look washed out. My large eyes are the natural focus, but I don't like a very dramatic look. On top of that, I'm petite and young, and w/ my dead complexion and low-contrast coloring, I just disappear in a group, but I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard.

miabt

Re: How can i give my face some life for daytime and not look overdone? (I'm 19 yo.)

(0) Hearts

Hi Songstress,

Since you're looking for something a bit more natural, but with a pop, I'd say you should try out one of the looks we recently posted on the Sephora Glossy.  The model doesn't have the exact same complexion, but you can modify it to work better your skin tone.  I think its a gorgeous natural look, but has enough of a pop :smileyhappy:

THE TIP-OFF: STANDOUT EYES WITH REFINERY29

http://theglossy.sephora.com/articles/282/the-tip-off-standout-eyes-with-refinery29?stm_cat=How-To&s...

Hope that helps!!

xo, Mia

wingatprsct

Re: How can i give my face some life for daytime and not look overdone? (I'm 19 yo.)

(0) Hearts

P. S. - Since you have large eyes, you may want to only line the bottom outer corner of the lower lid, stopping before the iris of your eye.  Rule of thumb: if you apply "color" on the top, you need to bring your color on around to the bottom to make your eye look complete.

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

I, too, have no skin or lip color, but I don't want to look like I'm wearing full-blown makeup just to go to the grocery store or gym.  BB Creams and tinted moisturizers (more sheer) are the way to go.  If you live near a Sephora store, you can get samples to try without making purchasing mistakes.  But if you have to buy online and don't like a product, they will happily take your returns.

It sounds like you are on the right track with your cheek and lip colors, especially if you can use one product for both.

Another way to bring out your eyes without looking "made up" is to apply a neutral color on your eyelid all the way up to your brow bone. Sweep a dark brown just in the crease and blend. Next, line your eyes with a dark blue liner - the top eyelid and halfway on the bottom from the outer corner to just beyond the center of the eye, tapering as you come toward the center.  Just by adding the blue liner, it will make your eyes pop without looking overdone.  Also try using brown mascara.  It's not as harsh looking as black.  It's hard to find, but Sephora makes an inexpensive one that works well for me.

Keep experimenting and have fun.  Your style will change as you age as well as the needs of your skin.

Songtress

(0) Hearts

Wow.  These ideas all sound great.  After kalax suggested peachy-pink for my lips and cheeks, I was going to go w/ the Fresh Sugar lip balm she suggested in Rose`, but then I saw that some people were having a lot of trouble with keeping it from falling apart and it's pretty expensive.  I found the 100% Pure brand "Fruit Pigmented Lip Butter" in Peach that's in a tub and costs less (but it doesn't have as much tint as the Fresh Sugar so in a way you get what you pay for) and the color looks almost the same shade, but less of it.  So I was looking all over for a lighter version of that for blush and I ran into theBalm's "Hot Mama!" that's a blush/highlighter dual purpose.  Once I got started, this online shopping became fun.  I figure if I only do it about once a year, I won't get into too much trouble.

Hi, Krunce!  Aside from my complete lack of fresh pink in my coloring, my skin is pretty good, so a BB sounds right if I can find a sheer one that'll be okay w/ a combo skin type.  It's harder than you think.  I thought I had it when I saw the Per-fekt Skin Perfecting Gel until I realized it is $57.50 an ounce!  Oh, well.  

Hi, ccclove & JennyPenny

I think we're all on the same page w/ sheer color for my face & cheeks.  It's great to feel that I finally know what I'm doing.  I'm still having trouble finding the right face stuff, but I'll be using the peach lip butter on my cheeks too, like the mfr says you can, along w/ some of the Hot Mama! blush-highlighter to lighten it up.  The Hot Mama! is the only powder I was going to put on my face.

Tomorrow I'll start searching for the bronze eyeshadow and look some more for something sheer and brightening for my face.  I can't believe how much help I got here!  You all rock!  G'night.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Take it easy on how much powder you apply because it can make you look chalky and flat.  Benefit's cheek color in Dandelion is the best shade ever to add life without being fushia.  Love it!

krunce

(0) Hearts

You sound like you have a really beautiful complexion!

I agree with cutiecocolove's bb cream/tinted moisturizer. You can add some depth to your face with strategic highlighting... I've been using Benefit Highbeam, but I have a light complexion with sliiiiiiight olive undertones.

You might want to try either Moon Beam or Sun Beam (the latter if you're playing around with bronzer to add more dimension - just try not to use it to contour :s)

swfupload_7865393942022265433.jpgswfupload_5461966574963625120.jpg

And if you want to play up your eye, then maybe what you want is a tinted lipcolour in a vibrant hue (all of the Tarte liptints have amazing ratings but I've never used them) And then invest in some awesome mascara, a bit of eyelines, and highlight your eyes by dotting something a bit lighter than your skintone and shimmery right at the corners.

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

u need bb cream or a tinted mourtrizer and and a little blush. get some benitint or positint or chachatint from benefit for your lips and a little bit on your cheeks. wear some shimmery gold or bronze shadow on ur eyes. you must look really pretty. good luck.

xoxo,

cutiecoco

Songtress

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I'll look that stuff up.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I think I wash of bronze eye shadow on your lids and bronze liner will keep your eyes the focus( but not overdone.)  Along with some peachy-pink blush to give your face some color and a tinted lip balm to enhance your natural lip color you'll keep your look simple.

Sugarbomb is great for light skin tones -

http://www.sephora.com/sugarbomb-P252916?skuId=1221399

Fresh Sugar Lip Balm (you're bound to find a shade for you) -

http://www.sephora.com/sugar-lip-treatment-spf-15-P57002?skuId=1448372

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • kalex
    • jennypenny1995