pinkwine11

Hourglass Mineral Veil SPF 15 Primer & Flash Photoraphy

Hello,

I have oily skin that is breakout prone and I have been using the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer with SPF 15 for over an year. So far, I am in love with the quality and feel on my skin.

I am going to India for a summer wedding in June and I would like to know how this primer will look under Flash Photography. Will it cast a whitish pale shadow on my face because it has SPF?

If this is the case, please recommend another primer for this occasion that is oil-free but at the same time, has the same consistency and coverage as the Hourglass Primer. I do not like primers that are runny in consistency because I have large pores and need proper coverage to provide a smooth finish under my foundation.

Thanks!

pretbrat

Re: Hourglass Mineral Veil SPF 15 Primer & Flash Photoraphy

(0) Hearts

Hi Diana,

I have a similar question as well. I use veil primer and immaculate foundation as well. I see that there is no SPF listed on the hourglass immaculate foundation but it does have titanium dioxide which is claimed to be the cause for flash backs.

I recently had some pictures taken while wearing just the immaculate foundation without the primer (my skin is combo-oily but I did not need to blot it. Even without the primer, my skin looked not that shiny - may be because of the dry winter).

This picture looks great (I don't think there was flash). Next picture looks like I have a slight white cast.
def.JPG
This picture looks like I have a slight white cast. Flash was used.
abc.JPG

Is there a way to avoid this?

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

If I recall correctly the setting powder contains some silica which can also give a bit of a flashback/whitish cast for some people.

dianabt

Hi pinkwine11, 

As has been said, this primer should not affect any photography  really and your complexion should still look even without any white-ish cast :smileyhappy: BUT you may want to do a test run to see how much you will be applying and also take into consideration your moisturizers. 

What foundation are you using and what type of powder (if any) do you intend to wear on top?

If you'd like to try another primer, look at the MUFE HD which are designed to look smooth and flawless! 

swfupload_5425241180933699965.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
pinkwine11

Hi Diana,

I am going to use the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation. For setting, I have purchased the NARS light reflecting pressed powder. None of these have any SPF.

Coincidentally the MUFE primer you recommended is available as a 100 point perk so I can try it.

Thanks!

Madhavi

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@triciaann- Do you think it might have been your finishing powder?

beautylovingirl

The Hourglass mineral veil will not have any effect on the color of the photography. You would be best to stay with that. Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • pinkwine11
    • beautylovingirl
    • pretbrat
    • oklady2013
Photos3