decobaby

Hi, I am an NC15 in MAC; what shade am I likely to be in MUFE HD foundation? Thank you.

beautylovingirl

Re: Hi, I am an NC15 in MAC; what shade am I likely to be in MUFE HD foundation? Thank you.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@kalex- MAC Color Explanation:

Cool Category- Yellow skin undertones in the cool category.

Warm Category- Pink skin undertones in the warm category.

NC- Neutral Cool-Neutral Beige with Golden Undertones.

NW-Neutral Beige with Pink Undertones.

N-Neutral-A blend of pink and yellow undertones.

C-Shades have Olive /Yellow Undertones.

I hope this helps with some of the Confusion.:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

Re: Hi, I am an NC15 in MAC; what shade am I likely to be in MUFE HD foundation? Thank you.

Oh I know what your saying but I think it's because they matched her pinkish skin tone instead of matching her neutral undertones.

roxystar4

117 may work for her then :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- Getting matched is always a top suggestion.:smileyhappy: Just looking at the comparison online it would be 117.

roxystar4

the reason I mentioned what I wear is because I have more of a yellow undertone and decobaby mentioned that she has pinkish undertones :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I wear MAC NC20 and use MUFE 117. I would prob go to the store and swatch MUFE to see if lighter would be better.

kalex

@beautylovingirl - I got matched just because I was curious once about what everyone else was blathering about in terms of NW and NC.  It is my understanding MAC only has Warm and Cool shades.  What do you do (in terms of MAC foundations) if you're neutral then?  Is NW15 lighter/pinker than NC15?

I'm not confidant in the abilities of the gals at my MAC counter!  I asked once about the Year of the Snake collection when I saw pics of how pretty some of the products were and she had no idea what I was talking about.  Now I find out I may have matched incorrectly.  Gah!

lreagan

(0) Hearts

To answer your question about Mac's coloring, they do have a series just called N in addition to NW and NC. I got matched at the counter recently and wear N3.

beautylovingirl

@kalex- Yeah I do kinda think you were matched incorrectly. Even though you may have the pinkish tone to your skin,cool and warm undertones together mean that you have neutral undertones and that's what your foundation should be matched to.:smileyhappy:

janinebt

Hi decobaby,

I would say give 117 a shot! It's comparable to NC15 :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
decobaby

(0) Hearts

thank you.  I think I definitely have predominantly pinkish undertones.  I suppose I could have been matched incorrectly -- just got the MAC foundations.  Am trying to find the best option for wedding photos.

kalex

@beautylovingirl - I was matched as an NC15 and my skin is definitely pinkish.  When the SA was swatching on my jaw she said she could see both cool and warm undertones in my skin.  Do you think I was matched incorrectly?  I ended up not buying any foundation that day as I wanted to finish what I had at home first.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

The NC15  doesn't match a pink skintone.

kalex

(0) Hearts

If your skin-tone is pinky at all I'd go with the 115.  Otherwise the 117.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

It looks like 117 in the HD Foundation is your best match. Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • kalex
    • janinebt
    • roxystar4
    • decobaby
    • beautylovingirl
    • lreagan