Answer
pilsener
Help with suggestions and advice on cleansers and moisturizers for sensitive combination skin.
(0) Hearts

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well! I'm seeking direction and suggestions on skincare products for my skin, a cleanser and a moisturizer.

I experience excessive oil with a dehydrated skin surface. I haven't had any luck finding the right products for my skin for awhile now :smileysad: The products that I have tried have left my skin dry, and a result a flaky/dehydrated skin surface right after cleansing. Then, after applying a moisturizer to fix this problem, my skin tends to get super oily throughout the day.

I don't suffer from acne, but my pores tend to get clogged and I seldom get one or two whiteheads. My beard grows really fast, and I also tend to get some ingrown hairs. I would like to find some products that will help me with these issues. I do want to note that I use a clarisonic. At least once a day.

I have tried cleansers in the mens line including Anthony, Clinique, Jack Black, and Lab Series. But no luck. It seems they are too harsh. That's why I decided to try cleansers from Philosophy and Murad, but again no luck. Right now, I am considering giving Origins and Boscia cleansers a try. Since Sephora suggests them for combo skin. What do you think?

I greatly appreciate any direction and suggestions on what to look for. A cleanser that will balance my skin, as well as a moisturizer that will hydrate and help my skin problems.Thank you so much for your feedback, have a good day!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
michmo
Answered

I really love First Aid Beauty's Line which is made for sensitive skin.  Their cleanser is great because it is gentle but effective.  I think one of the products that is really important for my skin from their line is the Facial Radiance Pads. They help exfoliate and tone my skin without being too harsh. They might work really well for keeping your pores clear and maybe prevent the ingrown hairs.  And the last step I use from them is the Daily Face Cream.  I have dehydrated skin that can still break out and it works well for me.  

Good luck!

pilsener
(0) Hearts
Hi michmo, thanks for your response. Would you say the pads are necessary to keep my pores clear as compared to using only the cleanser? I'm looking not only for an effective gentle cleanser, but one that will prevent blemishes and if i do get some, clear them and reduce scarring. Also, I was looking into the moisturizers. Have you tried the ultra repair cream or 5-in-1 spf cream?
Thanks.
unblownkisses
(0) Hearts
I agree with the FAB plug, especially since it's so affordable, it's a great jumping off point.
Question Stats
  • 9 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • unblownkisses
    • beautylovingirl
    • syritt
    • starletta8
    • pilsener
    • Kiki1517
    • pinkonyx