ashleenicoleex3

Help with my Oily, Acne Prone, Sensitive Skin Please!

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin and i can not find any skincare items to work for my skin. I've also am having problems with face products. I cant find a primer that will work good with my skin and when i try wearing foundation it always looks cakey and ashy like and when i apply powder it makes it worse. what should i do? 

janinebt

Re: Help with my Oily, Acne Prone, Sensitive Skin Please!

(0) Hearts

Hi ashleenicoleex3,

What primers have you already tried? That'll help me in recommending some items that will work for your skintype. I will say that using a primer that has a matte base does help a TON along with ending your routine with a finishing spray. We have a few finishing sprays that work well in keeping shine at bay.

Dior's Airflash Matte is like a powder in a bottle and will keep any sort of shine or oil at bay for hours upon hours.

swfupload_5047567453871919550.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/airflash-matte-touch-P381703?skuId=1537836

Urban Decay's De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Spray is another product that will keep your makeup from budging or fading for up to 12+ hours.

swfupload_8666551714583356821.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/de-slick-oil-control-makeup-setting-spray-P277222?skuId=1458181

Whimsically yours,
Janine
ashleenicoleex3

(0) Hearts

I've tried Benefit Porefessional, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 

the702diva

I have the same skin you described. it has taken me awhile to find the products that work best for me and it isn't all in on particular skincare line either. So don't lose hope!! as far as primer, try The Present by Philosophy. it works so well, I work 12 hour days and it keeps my oily skin at bay. I also use Becca's Shine Proof matte foundation. works like a charm.

neko333

(0) Hearts

For your acne try Yes to Tomatoes, my skin is sensitive and these do not burn. Try the face mask if nothing else, they sell single use packs at Target. 

I have combo skin that can be a bit dry but always found primers actually turn me into an oil pit, cake my makeup, and make me breakout. The only one I've tried that hasn't done this is Korres Pomegrante Mattifying Primer. If I were you, even if I didn't want to try this one I'd definitely look for light weight primers.

amberangeline

(0) Hearts

I have the same oily, acne-prone skin you described. I have found some great products that work well for me, so don't give up hope! The one product that I feel helps tone down my oiliness and keep it at bay all day is Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier. I use it as a moisturizer/primer under my makeup and it has SPF 15 so it helps protect from the sun as well. It keeps me moisturized, matte, and helps my makeup stay put for long periods of time. The foundation I use is Makeup Forever's Mat Velvet +. It feels great on my skin and looks so nice without any shine. It doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out either. Hope this helps!

beautylovingirl

Look to Boscia's Clear Complexion line. It has all the products that coordinate so  there's no guess work. It's  important to moisturize before you foundation primer as well. Try a primer like the one from Lancôme's La Base pro primer it should be fine for your sensitive skin.

grammarous

I'm no expert, but I had to put my 2 cents in about primer. I too have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin and the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer is a miracle worker. It's light as air, has SPF 35 and keeps my oil at bay. I highly recommend this! I use Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream which also helps with oil. It's lighter than foundation so it's not cakey, but a bit thicker than other BB's, and I've tried about 6 extensively. I am on my 2nd tube - the first lasted an entire year, so it's well worth the money. Try the primer too - it comes in travel sized tubes for $20. I always have 2 backups on hand! Hope these help you like they've helped me.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • grammarous
    • janinebt
    • neko333
    • beautylovingirl
    • the702diva
    • ashleenicoleex3