Samigrl10

Help with Post Acctuane Skincare/Makeup Tips

(0) Hearts

I just finished Accutane. :smileyhappy:I am looking for a good face wash and moisture (AM/PM) that will be good for my new skin. I am also looking for a good line of makeup as well. I would like something that won't clog my pores. Any suggestions?

catherineu2

Re: Help with Post Acctuane Skincare/Makeup Tips

(0) Hearts

Josie Maran's Argan Oil actually ruined my skin. I found it super drying & irritating. It broke me out and gave me one of the largest pimples I've ever had! My skin has NEVER looked as bad as it did when I used the oil. I could only use the oil for 4 days before I had to stop. I know some people swear by it but I thought I'd tell you my experience. My skin still isn't back to the way it was before I used the oil but it is definitely a lot better since I stopped.

babybear04

Wow, I had no idea about the rosacea!  So sorry to hear about your experience with the breakout too.  I guess it goes to show that everyones skin really is different and products are so hit or miss for everyone--what works for some may not work for others! 

Thanks for sharing your input! 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

me too! I did a little research & talked to a dermatologist... Argan Oil can bring on rosacea if you're over 30. I never had red blotchy skin, but am starting to see it now around my nose. The doctor says it's too early to tell if it's rosacea or not, but all started after I used argan oil twice. I've been using it on my hair for years with no problem, but always washed my hands after applying it.

Samigrl10

(0) Hearts

@babybear, I just found out about Josie Maran's Argan Oil. I bought the oil and used it but not on my face. I love it! It's not greasy at all and definitely hydrates as the day goes on. I am a little skeptical about applying it my face though. I feel like it might clog my skin. So i'm having doubts. But overall I do like the product.

Samigrl10

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!! I'm going to research all these and see what I like!

Thanks again! :smileyhappy:

babybear04

I agree with everyone that being gentle is the way to go.  Look for a cream-based, hydrating cleanser such as FAB's Face Cleanser. It's super gentle, doesn't strip skin, and doesn't really have fragrance in it either.  It also does an excellent job of removing makeup, and feels refreshing.

As for a moisturizer, you're probably going to gasp when I say this.  But I recommend Josie Maran's Argan Oil.  I know I know, the thought of putting oil on once acne-prone skin is enough to make your heart skip a beat.  But I honestly swear by it--believe it or not, this oil has actually improved my acne, and hasn't caused a single breakout.  It's extremely hydrating and really helps with dry, flaky skin.  Most importantly, however, it doesn't clog pores nor does it make your skin feel oily--even sits well under makeup! And a drop or two is all you need to cover your face!  Try googling the benefits of Argan Oil and see for yourself!  A lot of people consider this their HG moisturizer.

As far as makeup goes, I suggest you stay away from liquid foundation.  While everyone's skin is different, I've found most liquid foundations to be extremely pore-clogging.  Plus, if you're skin has cleared up, I'm assuming you don't need as much coverage? Therefore, I suggest you look for a powder-foundation, and possibly a light concealer for any spots you need covered.  Or, as some have mentioned, look into a BB cream or Tinted Moisturizer, which well be less heavy and much lighter than traditional foundations.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

jennypenny1995

You want GENTLE.  Probably a cleanser that's milky and not a gel formula.  You want hyaluronic acid in your moisturizer.  You will also want to use Murad's Pomegranate Mask 1-2 times weekly to slough off the dead cells but hydrate at the same time.  I was a tad nervous to try it since I'd never tried a chemical/fruit exfoliant before, but I LOVE it.  Very smooth skin after 1 use.  I literally can't wait until Sundays and Wednesdays because they're my mask days!

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

You might want to try a weekly moisturizing mask like Ole Henriksen's Blue/Black berry mask. 

A gentle cream cleanser like Clarins or FAB is hydrating & won't strip your skin of natural oils. 

FAB's ultra repair cream is a nice, rich moisturizer that won't clog pores. You might also want to look into Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial as a night time moisturizer or Koh Gen Do moisture gel. 

As far as makeup goes I really like the AmorePacific CC compact. It's moisturizing, doesn't settle, lasts all day & is made by a great gentle skincare brand. 

kd006

(0) Hearts

Do you know of another sleeping facial like the korres brightening sleeping facial. I got a sample and loved how moisturizing it was but.. the smell.. it was so strong! I couldn't even sleep until I took it off of my face. I usually like the smell of roses but that was so overpowering.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I've never tired them, but found Clinique's Moisture Surge Overnight Mask, Dr. Jart's Water Fuse Water-Max Sleeping Mask & Koh Gen Do Oriental Plants Deep Moisture Mask

kd006

Great thanks!

WhereYouStand

(0) Hearts

another good brand would be origins they are pretty natural I hear.

WhereYouStand

(0) Hearts

I I myself particularly like the Fresh brand even though It's kind of spendy I have seen good results with some of their lip products and they are a very natural brand that has cleansers as well, with soy protien and other goodies in them if money isn't a huge feel free to check them out they have a line of very natural products based mostly around spa/skincare and remember you can always return things if you don't like them at sephora so what can it hurt to try? :smileyhappy:

kd006

Okay! :smileyhappy:

Now that I know a little more I think I can help.

For skincare, I personally like the purity made simple cleanser from philosophy. It feels nice and not too drying on my dry skin. My skin doesn't get that "tight" feeling after I use it.

For moisturizer, I like the benefit total moisture facial cream for day time. It is very hydrating and smells great. I also like the clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion for night time. If you just want one, I would suggest the benefit one.

For foundation, since you aren't looking for a lot of coverage, I like the garnier BB cream. I also like the benefit hello flawless oxygen wow foundation, but that would be a medium coverage foundation. You can sheer it out with a sponge if desired. I would suggest you use your clean hands or a sponge to apply your foundation. Brushes can make your dry skin look flaky. Beauty blenders are amazing.

For under eye circles, I like the bobbi brown corrector. It depends how bad your circles are. If they aren't that bad, you can skip the corrector and just go with a concealer. I like the covergirl and olay under eye concealer. It gives nice coverage but gives a little moisturization as well. Then, I use a setting powder under my eyes. LM secret brightening powder is good. Use that on a fluffy brush.

If you find you need a primer under your foundation, I like the too faced primed and poreless or the smashbox photo finish hydrating primer.

I hope all this helps and you find the right products for your new beautiful skin!!

Samigrl10

(0) Hearts

Yes, my skin is definitely dry. Not as bad as when I first started but still dry.

As far as makeup goes, I'm looking something that is light. I don't need to use a lot since my skin is really good. I'll only be using it here and there. I do need something for the circles under my eyes.

kd006

Usually when people finish accutane their skin is very dry. Is this the case for you? What kind of makeup are you looking for? Tinted moisturizer? Light-medium-full coverage foundations?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • jennypenny1995
    • catherineu2
    • babybear04
    • kd006
    • WhereYouStand